ACTED has been committed since 1993, to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED, headquartered in Paris, France is present in four continents and our teams intervene in 37 countries towards 14 million people, responding to emergency situations, supporting rehabilitation projects and accompanying the dynamics of development. Over 5,000 staff are dedicated to implementing and developing our projects. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Site Assistant
Locations: Maiduguri, Monguno, Dikwa, Mafa – Borno
Job Type: Contract
Job Field: CCCM
About the Job
- Acted Nigeria Mission operates throughout the North East Region of Nigeria. Due to the nature of operations, the geographical locations in which we as a mission deliver humanitarian aid, the unpredictable and ever-changing context, staff accountability procedures, the importance of effective communications and the concern of staff safety and security during any field deployments within this context is of a huge concern:
- Under the supervision of the Site Officer or Senior Site Officer, the Site Assistant is responsible for ensuring that all inhabitants of the camp are living a safe, secured and dignified life. This includes but it is not limited to undertaking Coordination & IM activities, Governance & Capacity Building, Communication & Community Engagement activities, Site Care and Maintenance activities, and mainstream Protection through all activities.
ACTED’s Site Assistant will play an integral part of the camp management team of ensuring that all inhabitants of the camp are living a safe, secured and dignified life by:
- Monitoring facilities, infrastructure and service provision by partners at site level (in close cooperation with the communities, partners and other stakeholders) and share identified gaps and/or duplication in service delivery with line manager
- Collecting quantitative, qualitative and spatial data through KIIs, FGDs and using Kobo and other tools. Work with IM Officer to maintain relevant databases
- Support improvement of information management systems in the site in collaboration with the IM Officer
- Timely reporting
- Creating and maintaining relevant Camp Committees dependent on camp needs. Provide SOPs, TORs and relevant tools to facilitate functional committees. Ensure committee members are recruited transparently and inclusively with agreement of relevant stakeholders
- Facilitating at least 8 committee meetings per camp per month. Capture accurate meeting actions and share with line manager within 2 days of the meeting
- Building capacity of Camp Committee Members in CCCM, community governance and community mobilization, to enable committees to pass information to the camp population, advocate for the needs of the camp population, and influence humanitarian assistance delivery
- Strengthening daily the coordination and relationship-building with community leadership groups and community members on a formal and informal basis
- Ensuring relevant community and committee stakeholdersТ participation in camp level coordination meetings
- Sharing information with community members including through Community sensitization, community mobilization, Communication with Communities, public information announcements, information campaigns, door to door community outreach programmers, megaphone announcements, and up to date and relevant information boards
- Receiving information from community members including through townhall meetings,
- Support the CCE Officer to develop Community Radio with accompanied listening groups and Community Documentary making with accompanied viewing groups
- Identify physical risks and work with CCCM Technician to mitigate these risks
- Coordinate with other ACTED departments regarding procurement of any material resources for site upgrading/site maintenance
- Ensure all services are accessible to people with additional needs
- Mainstream Protection through all activities equal access to goods, services and activities for all groups
- Ensuring vulnerable groups and people with specific needs are represented and participate in CCCM activities
- Other tasks as needed to support CCCM team members, to inform CCCM activities and to ensure the success of the ACTED CCCM objectives be it camp/area focal for at least one of the above categories of activities (linked to the ACTED CCCM Strategy)
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Completion of University Degree in Database, Humanities, Social Studies, or another relevant degree
- Minimum one year of experience in international and/or local NGO; ideally involved in the direct implementation of field level humanitarian assistance to refugees or IDPs in a camp environment
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and team-playing skills.
- Highly flexible, with the ability to use initiative.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
- Understanding of gender, protection and human rights.
- Commitment to promoting gender equality.
- Proficiency in English, Hausa and Kanuri language, both oral and written.
- Experience in working with national partners, local/government authorities, and UN organizations.
- Experience, including leading/supervising subordinate staff, organizing activities and report writing.
- Experience in CCCM
- Experience using Kobo, or other mobile data collection technology.
- Essential knowledge and skills:
- All employees should master ACTED’s core Principles: Independence, Neutrality, Non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, Ethics, Professionalism, anti-Corruption, Transparency and Accountability
- Contract length: 6 Months with possibility of extension
- Start date: As soon as possible – Desirable
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 17th April, 2020.
- All interested Candidates should master ACTED’s core Principles: Independence, Neutrality, Non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, Ethics, Professionalism, anti-Corruption, Transparency and Accountability.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered. Please note: The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the e-mail otherwise not considered.
- ACTED considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, color religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- CVs will be review on rolling bases Due to the large numbers of expected applicants ACTED will only inform shortlisted candidates. We apologies for the inconvenience. Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.