ACTED has been committedsince 1993, to immediate humanitarianreliefto support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, whileco-creating longer-term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED, headquartered in Paris, France is present in four continents and our teams intervene in 37 countries towards 18million people, responding to emergency situations, supporting rehabilitation projects and accompanying the dynamics of development. Over 5,000 staffare dedicatedto implementing and developing our projects. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Impact TPM Database Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
- In light of the displacement in the North Eastern part of Nigeria, ACTED has set up an office in Maiduguri to respond to humanitarian needs. ACTED is therefore looking for a Database Assistant to support its mission in Borno State.
- Under the direct line management of the IMPACT Data Analysis Officer, the IMPACT Database Assistant is responsible for:
Data Collection Management:
- The IMPACT Database Assistant will support the maintenance of database(s) for the consolidation of all IMAPACT TPM and GIS data in country.
- The IMPACT Database Assistant will be responsible for reviewing and testing data collection tools before deployment.
- Regularly update the IMPACT Data Cleaning/Checking SOP and partner list.
Data Cleaning and Analysis Support:
- The IMPACT Database Assistant will support the development of automated data cleaning and analysis tools, assist in quality assurance review on all new data sets, and support both regular and ad hoc analysis of data.
- Routine communication of all field activities, data collection progress and other key findings to the IMPACT Data Analysis Officer in timely and effective manner.
- Responsible for directly supervising the field data cleaning process and ensure filed officer responsible adhere to the IMPACT Data Cleaning / Checking SOPs.
Confidentiality and Data Protection:
- The IMPACT Database Assistant will maintain the strictest confidentiality of data and processes. He/she will actively take measures to prevent the unauthorized sharing of information and data.
- The IMPACT Database Assistant will have custodial responsibility for all IMPACT assets (computers, GPS devices, smart phones, etc) at their operational base, and will need to work with the IMPACT team and ACTED Logistics to ensure serviceability of assets and availability of consumables (printer ink, paper, pens, etc).
- The Database Assistant may be called upon to work on other IMPACT programs in various locations in Nigeria including, but not limited to, remote LGA capitals, as the security situation allows.
- The IMPACT database assistant will be responsible for covering field locations when Field Officers are on leave, there is a vacancy, or there is a need for an additional Field Officer in a location.
- Minimum of 2 years working in humanitarian responses.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a strong focus on both quantitative and qualitative research methodologies preferred.
- Experience in data cleaning and management.
- Previous experience in Third Party Monitoring (TPM), an asset.
- Strong skills with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Experience collecting information using hand-held GPS devices.
- Experience using ODK for quantitative data collection and coding of ODK questionnaire.
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn.
- Excellent communication skill.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Experience using R an advantage.
- Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility.
- Fluency written and spoken fluency in English a must.
- Ability to work independently.
- Contract length: 6 Months with possibility of extension.
- Level: E1-1 (national contract).
- Start date: As soon as possible Desirable.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 14th April, 2021.
Please, carefully observe the details as follows:
- All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to the Recruitment Manager.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered. Please note: The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the e-mail otherwise not considered.
- ACTED considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
CVs will be reviewed on a rolling basis:
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants ACTED will only inform shortlisted candidates. We apologise for the inconvenience. Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.
- For general information about ACTED, please consult: www.acted.org