ACTED has been committedsince 1993, to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, whileco-creating longer-term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED, headquartered in Paris, France is present in four continents and our teams intervene in 37 countries towards 18million people, responding to emergency situations, supporting rehabilitation projects and accompanying the dynamics of development. Over 5,000 staffare dedicatedto implementing and developing our projects. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Camp and Settlement Technician Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
Core Functions / Responsibilities
Implement CCCM activities as requested by the CCCM Camp Manager and CCCM Coordinator such as but not limited to:
- Responsible for the creation of ACTED bi-annual budgeted site care and maintenance plan for each Site.
- Full management of technical projects occurring within ACTED operated reception centres and IDP camps.
- Creation of reception centre infrastructure including but not limited to latrines, water basins, communal shelter units, reception shelter, perimeter fence, etc
- Train casual labour in creating camp infrastructure
- Treat community members in a sensitive and humane manner
- Build and maintain mutually respectful relationships with Camp Management, service providers, local authorities, IDP community members and host community members, in order to ensure smooth communication, activity implementation, and community outreach.
- Any other tasks as requested by ACTED’s Camp Manager and Camp Management Program Coordinator.
- Willingness to travel to Dikwa, Monguno and Mafa for work-related activities
- Full management of camps Site Maintenance Committee including advertising TOR, hiring committee based on balancing skills with vulnerabilities, training committee in objective of the team, procure items for maintenance work, supervise maintenance work, facilitate CFW payment
- Create BoQ and item procurement for technical work
- Coordinate with camp manager and Coordinator on infrastructure maintenance ideas and costs
- Create blueprints for infrastructure construction
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Completion of University Degree in Civil Engineering, Architecture, Urban Planning or Engineering
- Minimum two-year experience in international and/or local NGO; ideally involved in the direct implementation of field level humanitarian assistance to refugees or IDPs.
- Experience in working with national partners, local/government authorities, and UN organizations.
- Experience working in an IDP camp setting
- Experience in creating shelters/small-medium scale infrastructure
- Technical skills such as using AutoCAD, ArcGIS, ODK and Microsoft Office.
- Experience in community services, women empowerment, youth activities, protection, distribution or registration.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive knowledge of Nigeria displacement context.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
- Understanding of gender, protection and human rights.
- Commitment to promoting gender equality.
- Excellent interpersonal and team-playing skills.
- Highly flexible, with the ability to use initiative.
- Proficiency in English and local language, both oral and written.
- Managerial experience, including leading/supervising subordinate staff, organizing activities and report writing.
- Experience in CCCM, including Introduction to CCCM Training.
- Preferable experience operating in a refugee/IDP camp environment.
- Knowledge of logistics and procurement processes.
- Experience in training and capacity-building of staff.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
To apply, carefully observed the details as follows:
- Cover Letter and an updated CV should be a single document (not exceeding 4 pages) in English
- Contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional references must be provided, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer including that of the HR/Admin person. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to The Recruitment Manager.
- Only motivated applicants who are able to perform the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications will be considered. CV’s – only applications will not be considered. Please note: The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the e-mail; otherwise, it may not be considered
- CVs will be reviewed on rolling bases
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- ACTED considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- For general information about ACTED, please consult:www.acted.org
- CVs will be reviewed on rolling bases, Interview could be held before the closing date.
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants ACTED will only inform shortlisted candidates. We apologize for the inconvenience. Only short-listed applicants will be invited for a written test and oral interview.
- For general information about ACTED, please consult: www.acted.org