Action Against Hunger is an international humanitarian organisation committed to ending world hunger. For almost 40 years, across nearly 50 countries, we have been working to fight undernutrition and support communities affected by crisis across the globe. We carry out innovative, lifesaving programmes in Health, Nutrition, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Disaster risk reduction, Mental Health and Care Practices, Food security and Livelihoods and Social Protection. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Energy Officer
Reporting to: Deputy Head of Department Logistics – Infrastructure
Proposed start date: November 2022
- Building electrical assessment using the diagnosis tool of Action Against Hunger, local regulation, and rules of the art
- Design works to be done to ensure that electrical installations are stable and safe for persons and equipment
- Write technical specifications in case of subcontracting works concerning heavy rehabilitations
- Conduct check on energy system for energy production
- Verify generators are in good working condition, report when maintenance is not done properly, report if installation condition need to be adapted
- Diagnose malfunctioning power supply equipment and report faults/findings
- Function as the team lead for all electrification project if carried out internally
- Supervise all electrification project undertaken by a third party
- Propose and budget for all expected electrification project
- Request necessary means to perform emergency works when hazardous situation is discovered
- Perform emergency works and repairs after getting appropriate means (parts and/or budget).
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree / Higher National Diploma in Electrical / Electronics Engineering or related fields
- Professional certificate(s) and/or trainings in the energy/electrical field
- Licensed by at least 1 local engineering regulatory body (COREN, NSE)
- Minimum of 4 years work experience in similar responsibilities is required
- Previous experience working for NGOs an asset, particularly international related NGOs
- Capacity for analysis, synthesis and reporting of large amounts of information
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, rigorous, self-motivated, strong sense of responsibility, ability to work independently
- Strong verbal, written and communication skills, approachable, diplomatic, able to maintain confidentiality, able to work effectively in diverse, cross-cultural teams in a complex, multi-site work environment
- Fluency in English.
Starting Basic Salary:
- N421,594 Monthly (excluding other benefits).
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
26th October, 2022.
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible. Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- All candidates MUST ensure they answer all the questions asked for this application. Failure to do so means candidates will not be considered for the process.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.