Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone. We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Nutrition and Health Officer
Location: Maiduguri / Damasak, Borno
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: Programmes – Nutrition and Health
Experience Level: Mid Level
Reporting To: Nutrition and Health Programme Manager
Proposed Start Date: November, 2021
- We are currently looking for a Nutrition & Health officer who will support the nutrition and health PM in the day-to-day implementation and completion of health project activities throughout the project life cycle.
- This involves providing oversight and supervision of health care for health facilities ran by State and LGAs and supported by AAH.
- Update tracking tool to monitor programme screening based data on acute malnutrition, collect health facility based disease surveillance reports and update morbidity reporting tool for assigned health facilities/LGAs.
- Participate with M&E team in supervision of data collection for nutrition and health assessments.
- Liaise with nutrition and health assistants for accessing community support group database, health facility database on a regular basis and updating overall health facility based activities.
- Ensure that all health facilities/sites have adequate supplies to deliver uninterrupted health care services through identifying needs, informing line manager on regular basis.
- Support the Nutrition and Health Programme Manager in organizing LGA based coordination meeting.
- Ensure that all children and patients visiting AAH supported health facilities are properly examined and treated according to national health and nutritional protocols and standards.
- Identify gaps for WASH in health facilities and inform the Nutrition and Health Programme Manager on a regular basis.
- Facilitate quarterly review meetings/workshops with respective government health managers at State/LGA level.
- Organize training for Government nurses/midwives on CMAM, integrated management of childhood illnesses and ANC/PNC and delivery service provision in close collaboration with PM/MPM.
- Support nutrition and health assistants on developing customized need specific guidance notes on IMCI, ANC/PNC, delivery service for on job coaching on different modules based on national protocol.
- Regularly report and coordinate with line manager regarding challenges, issues faced in the field for timely and appropriate decision-making.
- Ensure regular contact with MoH service providers and LGA health authorities to receive service delivery report in a timely manner.
- Maintain and update database for health workers, community health workers/volunteers, trainings and share with line manager.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Midwifery, Public Health or other relevant qualifications with experience in Public Health and CMAM programming.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in primary health care and Nutrition program including experience in inpatient SAM treatment.
- An excellent report-writing skill is required including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Hausa.
- Good Communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Team management experience with similar programs.
- Ability to observe and to provide feedback on the activities.
- Ability to manage staff according to local culture and organization policies.
Starting Gross Basic Salary & Other Benefits:
- N281,063 per month (excluding other benefits)
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 29th October, 2021.
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Qualified women are strongly encourage to apply.