Action Health Incorporated (AHI) is a non-profit organization dedicated to creating opportunities for young people’s successful transition to a healthy and productive adulthood. We envision a world where every young person can reach their full potential.
We work with young people, community leaders, government agencies, the private sector and other stakeholders to ensure that policies and programmes are emplaced to accomplish this goal. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Assistant
Reports To: Head, Administration
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the direct supervision of Head of Administration, the Procurement Assistant is responsible for the effective delivery of procurement services to AHI, working closely with Programmes, Finance & Accounts and Compliance Department.
Specific responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinate with requesting units/departments to ensure items requested are in approved budget
- Where necessary, obtain sample of material(s) to be purchased and ensure it meets organizational specifications
- Conduct price surveys and obtain quotes locally on low value items;
- Preparation of Request for Quotation, Invitations to Bid, Requests for Proposal etc. in compliance with AHI Procurement Policy & Guidelines
- Collation of bids, quotations, proforma invoices in support of items to be procured in line with with AHI Procurement Policy & Guidelines
- Ensure submission of appropriate supporting documentation by suppliers and vendors (Invoice, Delivery Notes / Way Bills, Packing List etc)
- Ensure all items procured meets order specifications, before delivery to AHI Store / Warehouse
- Follow-up with Finance & Accounts Department payments due to suppliers and vendors
- Maintain appropriate records to ensure that procurement process, approvals and contractual agreement(s) are accurately documented for each order for accountability and audit purpose.
- Preparation of monthly management information and statistical reports
- Routing and circulation of quotes, bids and proposals for evaluation and management approval
- Corresponding with selected bidder(s) to ensure completion of administrative processes including Bid Security, contract award notice and that contract documents are distributed accordingly.
- Preparation of Procurement Memos, Contract Award Letters, Purchase Orders for items approved by Management
- Coordinate the procurement process from contract award to delivery to recipients / AHI Stores, and ensure payment of suppliers and vendors for services rendered.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Head, Administration Department
Education / Experience Requirements
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration and professional certification in Procurements, Purchasing & Supplies or Logistics Management
- 2-3 years cognate experience in procurement function
- Good knowledge of United Nations procurement procedures is highly desirable
- Must be computer savvy with good working knowledge of MS Office Suite (MS Word, MS Excel), and must be able to easily navigate the Internet to conduct on-line market research
- Able to uphold and respect procurement ethics and to conduct activities with integrity
- Must be a team player who demonstrates patience, flexibility and honesty.
- Be willing and able to meet tight deadlines and work long hours when required.
- A self-starter, who is able to plan and manage his/her own work, takes initiative and strives to meet deadlines.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application to: [email protected] clearly stating “Procurement Assistant” in the subject area of the e-mail
Candidates should forward the under-listed documents:
- A Cover Letter and updated Curriculum Vitae
- Photocopy of Degree Certificate.
Application Deadline: 8th May, 2020.
- AHI as an Equal Opportunity Employer prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment on any basis whatsoever. Women, persons with disabilities and marginalized groups are encouraged to apply.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview