Action Against Hunger (Action Contre la Faim – ACF) began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming and looking at the Nutrition for children, pregnant and lactating mothers. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and in Yobe.
Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations in Borno State in 2014 in response to the crisis to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security & livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. We are operational in 11 Local Government Areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe and 3 in Jigawa. The mission has over 600 staff including over 40 international employees. There are three base offices: Damaturu, Maiduguri and Dutse and four sub bases including Monguno, Potiskum, Bade and Damasak. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nutrition and Health Sector Manager
Location: Potiskum, Yobe
Job Type: Full Time
Direct Line Manager: Project Manager
Programmes – Health and Nutrition Manager/Supervisor
- Action Against Hunger Nigeria Mission is sourcing for a Sector Manager – Nutrition and Health to join the team in our Damaturu office. The individual will ensure an effective management of planned nutrition and health activities under the HeRoN grant, appropriate staff management including staff development programmes for the AAH teams, appropriate financial management, coordination and effective communication, performance management.
- The ideal candidate is a self-starter with excellent team management and project management abilities who thrives in fast-paced environments.
- Support the implementation of the short and long range plans for delivery of project services, and provide guidance to AAH’s Nutrition and Health staff in the management of project interventions and/or activities for effective project impact.
- Work with project team to develop overall detailed project implementation plan for nutrition and health component in line with predefined project implementation work plan.
- Manage the assigned Nutrition and Health project interventions in order to meet the project objectives within budget and the allotted time frame and report promptly any operational concerns (e.g. projected failure to meet objectives; increased beneficiary needs; projected over or under spending on project budget).
- Continuously monitor and supervise nutrition and health activities, evaluating progress through outputs and impacts using both quantitative and qualitative data, and involving the Nutrition and health team.
- Provide input into the integration of beneficiary participation in all aspects of the project.
- Ensure accurate reporting of activities according to AAH and donors expectations.
- Support the development of new concept notes and proposals, linked to the assessed needs and gaps and the AAH country strategy.
- Ensure projects are implemented in line with donor requirements and in accordance with AAH, country and international standards i.e. SPHERE and HAP standards.
- Develop appropriate and supportive communication structures with relevant stakeholders (e.g. beneficiaries, community leaders, government officials, UN agencies and other NGOs) in line with AAH procedures and communication policy.
- Support the regional Nutrition and Health coordination team to advance existing partnerships with Key UN agencies (UNFPA, WHO), NGOs and INGOS as well as the SMoH/SPHCDA at both national and LGA level.
- Support the logistics activities of health staff, particularly in relation to the purchasing of medicines, supplies and equipment for the assigned health facilities and activities.
- Review overall project logistic plans and budgeting for field activities associated donor requirements and provide guidance to the Nutrition and Health team and seconded SMoH field staffs in their delivery of those requirements..
- Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in Nutrition / Nursing or Medicine or public health. Certificate in project management for development professionals will be an added advantage.
- Previous experience in managerial role is preferred
- Ability to plan and organize work Independent with appropriate follow through while paying close attention to detail and can read and abstract information from a variety of formats.
- Ability to work under pressure and react according to evolving context/situation.
- 3 years’ experience in primary health care and maternal health.
- 2 years’ experience in CMAM and IYCF program.
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion.
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, 24 days paid leave per year, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
- Minimum Basic Salary: NGN 308,589 per month
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 26th October, 2020.
Note: Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply