Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes.
For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Admin Assistant
Location: Potiskum, Yobe
Job Type: Full Time
Level: Entry Level
Starting date: As Soon As Possible
Direct Line Manager: Finance and Admin Officer
- The Finance & Admin Assistant ensures that the cash box and cash books are perfectly maintained, as well as monitoring, inputting and archiving accounting documents
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Establish a statement of needs for liquid assets in consultation with the Finance Officer in Damaturu
- Make advances payment in accordance with established procedures
- Keep the advance books and cash journal
- Check cash balances daily and report any discrepancies to the line manager
- Send to Damaturu accounting documents on a weekly basis after a final check of supporting documentation
- Ensure cash box security and confidentiality of information
- Visit field regularly to administer cash payment to beneficiaries
- Record budget allocations and accounting codes of the expenses
- Before recording, check that the supporting documents comply with AAH procedures
- Ensure that accounting documenting are translated if necessary
- Manage accommodation for staff travelling to Potiskum and ensure supplies in the office at all time.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide timely request of supplies required on monthly basis.
- Follow up with HR/Admin Officer to ensure timely receipt of supplies and make such arrangement that the supplies are available at all time.
- Arrange accommodation in Guesthouse and hotels based upon approved travel request.
- Ensure that all staff submit time-sheet and 10 minutes conversation on a monthly basis before 5th of every month.
- Track and share leave absence with Damaturu office
- Monitor Maintenance staff to make sure the office is kept tidy and clean at all times
- Take minutes of meetings and proceedings at weekly briefings and other functions
- Arrange logistics for meetings, retreats and workshop as required
- Scan all documents to Damaturu and Abuja as required.
Internal & External Relationship
- Directly reporting to Finance Officer Damaturu
- Technically supported Finance Co Abuja
- Liaise with Damaturu finance team
- Liaise with Logistics team / PMs
- Suppliers, vendors, Government and operational partners
- BSc / HND Accounting, Bachelor level degree in Management, Finance, or related field
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a finance and administration-related role.
- Organized with time management and planning skills
- Sense of confidentiality
- Good interpersonal skills (communication, able to negotiate, influence, give effective feedback, be a team player)
- Able to manage stress effectively, juggle competing priorities, balance various programmatic, logistic and team needs
- Strong computer skills, and familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to manage and follow work plans
- Experience in a non-governmental organization is preferred
- Experience with donor-funded programs would be appreciated.
Minimum Basic Salary
N156,995 per month.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 22nd May, 2020