Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Location: Potiskum, Yobe
Job Type: Full Time
- The Finance Assistant will be based in Potiskum, Yobe State and will be directly supervised by the Base Finance Officer.
- The Finance Assistant performs a wide range of financial duties associated with daily office operations.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Make payment of advances, in accordance with established procedures.
- Maintain cash box and cash books.
- Record budget allocations and accounting codes.
- Secure the cash box and maintain confidentiality of information.
- Ensure proper control of supporting documents for payments and financial reports.
- Process payments, maintain cost reports and manage invoices.
- Track and monitor archiving documents.
- Degree in Finance and other similar field with minimum of 1 year experience in a finance and administration-related role.
- Food interpersonal skills (communication, able to negotiate, influence, give effective feedback and be a team player), time management and planning skills.
- Ability to manage stress effectively, juggle competing priorities and manage team needs.
- Commitment to Action Against Hunger mission, values and policy.
- Experience in working with the International Non-Governmental Organization (INGO) and humanitarian context preferably.
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills.
Application Deadline 5th March, 2018.