Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cash Officer
Location: Fune, Yobe
- The Cash Officer will be based in Fune, Yobe State and report to the Cash Deputy Program Manager.
The Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Cash Deputy Program Manager for project implementation.
- Facilitate program coordination, monitoring and evaluation of the project activities.
- Managing programs in line with design work plan and tasks assign by Cash DPM.
- Ensure field visits to monitor the ongoing project activities conducted by Cash Assistants and Community Mobilization Officers.
- Facilitate community mobilisation and community outreach activities
- Represent Action Against Hunger externally in relevant LGA level forums and technical working groups.
- Conduct follow up monitoring of community mobilisation activities and document all findings for further improvement.
The Successful Candidate will;
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in a food security related field e.g. Agronomics, Agriculture, Development Studies etc with experience managing cash based interventions (i.e. cash for work, cash transfers or cash vouchers.
- Previous team management and activity planning experience.
- Have good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local economy.
- Have previous donor programming experience (e.g. USAID, ECHO, DFID, SIDA).
- Be professional, good organizational capacity, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive.
- Have an excellent team, budget and project management and representation competencies.
- Will have analytical capacity and knowledge of implementing projects.
- Good relational qualities.
- Have the capacity to write high quality reports and supervise a team.
- Have Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word).
- Be willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Be Fluent in Hausa and English.
- Be committed to Action Against Hunger mission, values and policy.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply for this Position
Job Title: Resourcing Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Full Time
- The Resourcing Officer will be based in Maiduguri, Borno state and work under the supervision of the Base HR Manager.
- The Resourcing Officer will provide support to the HR department in the recruitment and selection of the base national staff and ensure regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation.
- He/she will also provide professional support to hiring managers and candidates throughout the recruitment process, as well as ensuring appropriate resources are deployed to achieve the mission’s values and principles.
- The Resourcing Officer will oversee the collation, maintenance and provide recruitment reports as agreed with the hiring manager and send to the HR Abuja team.
- He/she will ensure consistency in the application of the Human Resources policies at the base level
The task and responsibilities includes but are not limited to:
- Liaise with managers to initiate recruitment and ensure proper approval by HR and Finance.
- Liaise with managers for technical shortlist and to define the interview panel.
- Ensure interviews and tests are done in a timely manner and proper documentation submitted, filed and sent to HR-Abuja.
- Participate in interviews as necessary as well as reviewing written technical test and interview grids for all existing positions.
- Update base recruitment tracking database and submit to HR Manager on a weekly basis.
- Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation.
- Ensure the maintenance of Action Against Hunger recruitment module and all candidates receive timely communication and feedback.
- Work closely with the Resourcing Manager to ensure job descriptions are in line with mission staffing requirements.
- Research and recommend new sources for attracting and screening active candidate.
- Work in accordance with agreed timescales to reduce time to hire figures and retain the best candidates.
- Communicate with managers and employees regularly to establish rapport, gauge morale and source new candidates’ leads.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a minimum of Bachelor’s degree in fields related to HR, Administration and Management. Higher level degree will be an added advantage.
- Have a minimum of 2 years experience working in HR and/or administrative support positions.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be approachable, diplomatic, able to work effectively in diverse, cross-cultural teams.
- Have excellent Microsoft office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Be excellent in multitasking and have strong organizational skills.
- Have the ability to pay attention to details, be highly organized, rigorous, self-motivated, have strong sense of responsibility and ability to work independently.
- Be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Have the capacity for analysis, synthesis and reporting of large amounts of information.
- Have previous experience with INGOs preferably.
- Be fluent in one or more national/regional languages.
- Have an understanding of national labor law and employment norms/practices.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online for this Position
Note: Advert may close before the due date once we have received applications from qualified candidates.
Application Deadline 14th November, 2017.