Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Coordinator
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- You will contribute to ending world hunger by
- promoting relevant, needs-based, integrated humanitarian/recovery programming in line with country strategy, and ensuring proper project cycle management by working closely with program managers under the technical guidance of the Technical Coordinators.
Key activities in your role will include:
- Effectively manage and develop Action Against Hunger’s Programming and Strategy in Maiduguri, Western Borno State.
- Ensure Safety and Security of Action Against Hunger’s Staff and Assets.
- Overall responsibility for Action Against Hunger’s Finance, Human Resources, and Logistics in Borno state.
- Field representation of Action Against Hunger and adherence to the Mandate/Charter/Principles.
You’re an experienced humanitarian professional:
- With a university degree; Masters in humanitarian studies is preferred
- Advanced knowledge of international humanitarian guidelines and standards including those of donors
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with respect for diversity, including ability to motivate, train and organize a multi-cultural team
- Ability to work independently and under pressure in a rapidly changing professional environment.
- Diplomacy and good interpersonal skills, with the ability to remain calm under pressure and not lose sight of strategic priorities
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly to the field sites
- Experience in insecure context
- Minimum of 5 years of previous experience working with NGOs covering multi-sectoral programming
- Proven management and coordination skills (HR, projects, and stress management)
- Proven ability to translate learning, analysis and evaluation into operational planning and strategy
- Excellent written and spoken English, including the ability to write clear and engaging reports
- Advanced knowledge of international humanitarian principles
- Preferred if previously worked with Action Against Hunger
- Experience in conflict-related displacements and nutrition crisis context
- Familiarity with emergency donors (OFDA, ECHO, UN, DFID, FFP) reporting and regulation
- Working experience in Nigeria
Action Against Hunger values its employees and offers a comprehensive remuneration and benefits package. These include but are not limited to:
- Health Insurance
- Training opportunities
- Child allowance
- R&R Breaks
- Paid annual leave (vacation)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 27th November, 2017.