Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Auditor – Head of Department
You’ll Contribute To Ending World Hunger By:
- Examining, reviewing and analyzing records, reports, financial statements and management practices to ensure adequate internal controls are in place to mitigate risks in compliance with laws, regulations, donor requirements and AAH policies and procedures.
- Prepare and perform internal audits (in accordance with general audit requirements and standards) in the Nigerian Mission.
- Assess the significance of risks & problems identified during each audit.
- For each audit, prepare an audit report containing a summary & analysis of the situation, a presentation of any identified mistakes and inconsistencies, and recommendations for improvements.
- Perform internal control reviews of in-country processes including cash management, procurement, logistics, and stock management including food commodities, assets management and coordinate with the relevant departments to correct weaknesses and improve controls as needed; prepare action plans to address findings and monitor the status of action plan implementation.
- Prepare a Country Office Risk Register in conjunction with program managers and ensure quarterly updates.
- In coordination with country management and HQ finance, assist with the follow-up and resolution of external audit or AAH Internal Audit findings.
- Works closely with the Finance, HR and logistics teams in the mission to develop the organization’s understanding of the importance of the internal audit function.
- Train and support the Finance, HR and logistics teams in the mission to ensure that audits are conducted thoroughly and efficiently .
- Conduct regular anti-corruption and fraud prevention trainings to all staff.
- Serve as country focal point for the internal reporting of any incidents of fraud, corruption or bribery.
- Prepare and maintain the Country Office fraud Register and Dashboard and liaise with Internal Auditor in the resolution of all reported incidents.
Does This Description Fit You:
- You have a Bachelors degree in finance, accounting or a related business field; Certified Public Accountant is an added advantage.
- You have Knowledge of contemporary risk management and internal control practices. Knowledge of non-profit program policies, procedures, regulations, and laws.
- You have Strong skills in conducting quality control reviews of audit work product. Skill in collecting and analyzing complex data, evaluating information and systems, and drawing logical conclusions.
- You have excellent critical thinking, superior problem solving skills and ability to use good judgment when making difficult decisions.
- You are familiar with common indicators of fraud..
- You have the ability to be flexible, yet focused and reliable, in a work environment with frequently changing demands and circumstances.
- You have 5 years related work experience with a not-for-profit organization.
- You have Extensive knowledge of donor rules and regulations including USAID, ECHO, DFID, etc
- You have Considerable knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing, accounting and management principles and practices.
- You have the ability to work effectively in a team atmosphere, encouraging colleagues to contribute to common work challenges and deadlines.
- You think strategically defining and communicating goals, also being genuinely committed to helping others to achieve the organizational objectives.
- Fluent written and oral communication in English.
- Fluency in Housa and French is desirable.
Action Against Hunger values its employees and offers a comprehensive remuneration and benefits package. These include but are not limited to:
- Health Insurance
- R&R Breaks
- Paid annual leave (vacation)
- Training opportunities
- Child allowance
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline: 26th October, 2017.