Addax Petroleum is a subsidiary of the Sinopec Group, one of the largest oil and gas producers in China, the biggest oil refiner in Asia and the third largest worldwide.
Addax Petroleum was founded in 1994 upon leading petroleum industry expertise and a deep-rooted understanding and respect for African cultures. Over the years, Addax Petroleum has evolved from a young pioneer into an established international oil and gas, exploration and production company focused on Africa and the Middle East.
Addax Petroleum is recruiting to fill the below position:
Job Title: Safety Manager
Job ID: 001601
- Provide guidance on all process safety standards, guidelines & codes of practice in projects and operations (ASME, ASTM, BSI etc.)
- Develop policies covering health and safety control programs.
- Conduct technical process safety studies e.g. FEED Reviews, HAZOP, HAZIDS, SIL, LOPA, Design EER, Design safety case studies etc and maintain up-to-date database.
- Review project basis of designs coordinating with relevant operations and engineering departments.
- Lead the development of Safety Cases for all Addax facilities.
- Develop Risk Registers where needed and regularly conduct risk assessments to identify and control workplace hazards
- Conduct periodic safety audits and inspections of Addax and contractor facilities and process vessels/ equipment
- Ensure safe systems of work are in place in all operations and review contractors HSE plans.
- Engage with process owners in Production, Drilling, Facilities and Logistics to assure mechanical integrity of process equipment & machineries standards are in place and being followed.
- Follow up on Management of change (MOC) on process plants/ equipment
- Review design basis of process facility emergency response systems
- Provide professional guidance, assistance and training to all health and safety personnel and general staff across a broad spectrum of Safety related topics as required or needed.
- Investigate incidents or trends, make an analysis and submit a report along with recommendations to management.
- Review all accident reports and assure that the necessary corrective actions have been applied without undue delay.
- B.Sc Chemical/ Process/MechanicalEngineering, Masters in Process Safety will be an added advantage
- Process Safety Management (PSM) certifications, NEBOSH, SIL, LOPA, HAZOP, FPSO and Project Management
- At least 15years work experience in oil and gas offshore and onshore operations.With a minimum 5 years’ experience as a supervisor or manager.
Application Closing Date
7th December, 2012
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: When the page opens search for the job and click on Job Title: Safety Manager