Posted on :
21 Sep, 2009
21 Sep, 2009
Applications are hereby invited at the Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba – Akoko, Ondo State of Nigeria for THE POST OF VICE-CHANCELLOR.
The above post is currently vacant, and the Governing Council of the University has set in motion the due process for filling the vacancy.
The successful candidate for the position of Vice-Chancellor of Adekunle Ajasin University must be a renowned Professor from a recognized and acclaimed University and must also possess:
1. Ability to provide leadership in all aspects of University life.
2. A distinguished record of scholarship as evidenced by publications in top ranking journals.
3. An international reputation as an academic.
4. A team-leadership style of management and a commitment to work as a constructive team-player.
5. An excellent working knowledge of the administration and culture of the University.
6. A proven ability to attract funding.
7. A demonstrable capacity to effectively represent the University anywhere in the world.
8. Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
9. Impeccable character.
10. A clear understanding of the social problems like poverty, HIV/AIDS, cultism, etc. currently ravaging our society.
Applicants should note, in addition, that:
• The position is in Akungba and the successful candidate must be easily able to work and live in the relatively remote and rural location of that town
• The appointment is for a single term of five years and anyone who would be 60 years or more by January 2010 need not apply.
• The salary and all other conditions attached to the post of Vice-Chancellor are as in Government Universities in Nigeria.
Method of Application:
• Applicants should each forward 30 copies of their duly signed and dated detailed Curriculum Vitae along with their applications.
• They should also each enclose a one page write-up indicating their vision and mission for the University in the 21st Century.
• The Curriculum Vitae of any candidate identified by the University’s Search Team must be accompanied by a letter of consent duly signed by such a candidate.
• Applicants must each have 3 referees who should be requested to forward their references under confidential cover to the Pro-Chancellor & Chairman of Council at the address given below.
• Applications/nominations are to be placed in sealed envelopes marked VICE-CHANCELLOR at the top left hand corner and addressed to:
The Pro-Chancellor & Chairman of Council,
C/o The Registrar,
Adekunle Ajasin University,
Ondo State, Nigeria.
• Only shortlisted applicants will contacted. They will be required to attend an interview with the joint Council and Senate Selection Committee.
Closing Date: 15th October 2009.