Posted on :
10 Mar, 2010
10 Mar, 2010
The ideal candidate will be responsible for:
· To control and manage the day-to-day accounts transactions
· To prepare monthly Management Accounts and annual Financial Returns
· To interface with Company’s Management, Site Managements and Nigeria Authorities
He will report to the Finance Manager.
The position is based in Lagos.
· Control the correct coding of accounts vouchers, their posting and filing.
· Control timely payment of creditor’s invoices.
· Control the bank movements and their reconciliation with bank statements.
· Control the cash movements (Head Office & sites) and conduct surprise cash counts.
· Look after the Companies interests regarding Nigerian authorities and external auditors.
· Reconcile accounts with debtors, creditors and Group companies.
· Produce monthly Management Accounts and clarify same with sites.
· Assist external auditors in their task of auditing the Company
· Supervise regular stock checks
· Produce annual financial reports.
· Ensure compliance with Company’s accounts and administration procedures.
· Monitor changes in legislation and publications regarding accountancy and financial matters.
· Assist in the preparation of standardized accounting procedures in the Company.
· Liaise with other Company’s departments to ensure smooth interaction with Accounts Department.
· Deputize for the Finance & Administration Manager when he is not available.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Minimum qualifications include an advanced certificate in accountancy recognized in Nigeria, preferably “Chartered Accountant” – ICAN / ACCA
· Good Health status. Demonstrate the energy level, authority, professionalism and honesty required of a fully committed and effective Chief Accountant in Nigeria.
· Interested in long-term employment
· A previous experience with in large FMCG Group is required
· Strong accounting ability must be proven including profound knowledge of Nigerian tax laws, foreign exchange regulations and labour laws
· Must be experienced in preparation of monthly management accounts and annual financial reports including the handling of internal and external audits.
· Must demonstrate an ability to communicate at all levels and show leadership skills.
· Microsoft Office
· Must be able to communicate effectively with clients, creditors and Nigerian authorities.
WHAT IS ON OFFER
Please send us your salary expectations & english resume in Word format at: [email protected]