Adexen Nigeria currently recruits for their client which is a leading FCMG company, the company currently seeks for a Head of Supply Chain
The ideal candidate must have a confirmed experience of supply chain management in the FMCG industry.
The primary scope of this function is to manage and optimize the entire supply chain process from Demand Planning, to Product Supply, to Importation & Clearance up to the warehousing management and delivery of goods.
The position is based in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Manage the Demand Planning process (upper stream) by enforcing the planning discipline through elaboration and implementation of proper planning tools such as: Sales Forecast, Stock & Sales Report, Performance Report, Week Of Sales/stock and challenge all concerned parties on building blocks to ensure effective rotation of stocks (market trends, sales history & trends, running rate and growth rationales, etc)
- Manage the Product Supply process (upper stream) including MRP, commercial & shipping terms, reconciliation with suppliers, sourcing optimization, suppliers service level agreement, etc
- Manage the different aspects of the logistics operation (lower stream) including importation & clearance, transportation, warehousing of both raw material & finished goods and distribution of the goods.
- He will also manage the Third Party Logistics provider to ensure proper storage and distribution of finished goods across 58 Distribution Centers scattered pan Nigeria
- Be a principal negotiator on behalf of Company including resolution of commercial terms and conditions, negotiation of back charges and major change orders.
- Measure actual performance against goals on regular basis and present results to Senior Management.
- Work closely with the distributor network and ensure constant availability of the products across the country, while avoiding over-stock situation both in-house and at customers end
- Develop and Implement cost effective solutions for process improvement.
- Must be a qualified Supply Chain Manager with successful experience in similar position
- University graduate preferably with Engineering background
- A proven track record of driving positive company results through strategic negotiations, controlling costs and inventories, forging strong vendor-partner relationships and implementing processes to support current and future business opportunities
- Demonstrated expertise in suppliers and/or TPL providers evaluation and selection, contract negotiation and management, cost modeling and building collaborative supply relationships
- Ability to shift priorities and deal with changing demands in an effective manner
- Ability to align and coordinate resources to deliver results for committed schedules
- Perfect command of the English language