Adexen is recruiting for a major Oil and Gas fabrication and Shipyard facility in Nigeria. The Company wishes to strengthen its Human Capital Management functions. The Group is looking for a Principal for its technical training centre based in Lagos, Nigeria.
- The Principal, shall be responsible for the management and maintenance of the Technical Training Centre (TTC) TTC
- There is a training element of the job that involves giving the Technical Employees the understanding, practical skills and motivation to carry out particular work-related tasks.
- There is also the developmental perspective of the Job that relates to the ongoing, long term improvement of Technical Employees’ skills so that they can fulfill the needs of the organization
- To meet these objectives, the Principal, TTC in liaison with the Manpower Planning and Development Manager is responsible for developing a comprehensive Technical Training schedule that encompasses both the two elements above in order to maintain a motivated and skilled Technical workforce and fulfill the needs of the organization.
- Oversee the daily running and operations of the Machine Shop and the Welding and Fabrication Units.
- Ensuring that Welder and Fitter Trainees are trained in line with approved curriculum and specific needs of the Division sponsoring them for the training.
- Preparing monthly income analysis returns for the Training Centre.
- Sourcing for and marketing the Training services of the Centre.
- Obtaining apprenticeship training approval on twice yearly basis from the Industrial Training Fund.
- Supervising the activities of all the Trainers and other staff of the Training School.
- Designing and developing Technical Training programmes based on both the organization’s needs and individual needs.
- Producing in liaison with the Manpower Planning and Development Manager training materials for in-house courses.
- In liaison with the Manpower Planning and Development Manager, manage the delivery of training and development programmes outside Technical Training matters.
- Ensuring that statutory training requirements are met.
- Keeping up to date with developments in training by reading relevant journals, going to meetings and attending relevant courses.
Qualification & experience
- Candidates should possess a good first degree in the Social Sciences, Humanities, Applied Science or Law.
- A higher degree would be a distinct advantage. The successful candidate must have a minimum 6 -7 years experience in HR practice.
- Strong Training and Development experience is essential.
- Membership of the Chattered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria and the Nigerian institute for Training and development (NITAD) essential.
- Manufacturing especially fabrication experience would be a distinct advantage, as would exposure to a well structured environment.
- Thorough knowledge of Programme Planning, implementation and evaluation principles, practices and procedures.
Salary: Attractive package
Click here to apply online