Jobs in Nigeria by Adexen (Job description)
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following: To control and manage the day-to-day accounts transactions. To prepare monthly Management Accounts and annual Financial Returns.To interface with Company’s Management, Site Managements and Nigeria Authorities
He will report to the Finance Manager.
The position is based in Lagos.
- Control the correct coding of accounts vouchers, their posting and filing.
- Control timely payment of creditor’s invoices.
- Control the bank movements and their reconciliation with bank statements.
- Control the cash movements (Head Office & sites) and conduct surprise cash counts.
- Look after the Companies interests regarding Nigerian authorities and external auditors.
- Reconcile accounts with debtors, creditors and Group companies.
- Produce monthly Management Accounts and clarify same with sites.
- Assist external auditors in their task of auditing the Company
- Supervise regular stock checks
- Produce annual financial reports.
- Ensure compliance with Company’s accounts and administration procedures.
- Monitor changes in legislation and publications regarding accountancy and financial matters.
- Assist in the preparation of standardized accounting procedures in the Company.
- Liaise with other Company’s departments to ensure smooth interaction with Accounts Department.
- Deputize for the Finance & Administration Manager when he is not available.
Minimum qualifications include an advanced certificate in accountancy recognized in Nigeria, preferably “Chartered Accountant” with working experience in the construction industry. – ICAN
Good Health status. Demonstrate the energy level, authority, professionalism and honesty required of a fully committed and effective Chief Accountant in Nigeria.
Interested in long-term employment.
Strong accounting ability must be proven including profound knowledge of Nigerian tax laws, foreign exchange regulations and labour laws
Must be familiar with Microsoft Excel and Word and have basic understanding of standard accounts software packages.
Must be experienced in preparation of monthly management accounts and annual financial reports including the handling of internal and external audits.
Must demonstrate an ability to communicate at all levels and show leadership skills.
Must be able to communicate effectively with clients, creditors and Nigerian authorities.
Apply online through Adexen Nigeria