Posted on :
22 Feb, 2010
22 Feb, 2010
Adexen is recruiting for their client, they are looking for Tax Accountants for a large international Oil & Gas Company.
· Timely preparation of fiscal/statutory accounts for the group local entities to ensure that statutory filing deadlines in Nigeria are complied with.
· Relating with external auditors on issues bothering on the fiscal accounts during the statutory audit.
· Ensure compliance with internal and fiscal authorities reporting and documenting and secure filing requirements.
· Ensure the integrity of entries in the fiscal ledger for all local companies
To consolidate the financial results for the respective geographical-area and ensure the accurate reporting to the Group Head Quarters including business indicators and other adhoc reporting.
· Timely reporting of the Financial Procedures in accordance with the pre-established reporting timetables.
· Analyze variances against annual commitment plan and monthly forecasts and to provide meaningful commentary for management.
· Analyze investments (Capex, Inventory, Projects, Days Sales Outstanding).
· Ensure compliance of standard finance practices (FPs, Internal Financial Manual / Procedures).
· Understands, reviews, implements and complies with Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
· Also ensures that the documentation maintained is in accordance with the requirements of Sarbanes Oxley.
· Identify weaknesses in internal control and suggest improvements.
· Assess and highlight opportunities for increased cost efficiencies.
· Develop and evaluate business or project financial metrics and drivers.
· Assist with ad hoc reporting, analysis or projects as required.
· Use of Internal Software (ERPs, Business Intelligence).
· Liaison with Internal Audit or audit firm for effective completion of audits.
· Complies with applicable company policies, including Personnel, Quality System and Health, Safety and Environment standards and procedures.
· Successfully complete required safety training (including drugs and alcohol, electrical, emergency response, fire, first aid, health and hygiene, PPE, SIPP, risk reporting, IT security, hazardous materials, driving).
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· ICAN or ACA qualified
· Good degree in accounting, finance
· 3 to 5 years of experience in audit, accounting or bank
· Advance Excel user
· Knowledge of an ERP is a plus
· Enthusiastic to work internationally
· Professional and ethical
· Strong Customer Service attitude
· Team Work Spirit
· Solution approach
WHAT IS ON OFFER
Important career evolution possibilities in Nigeria and internationally