Our client is a large international group operating worldwide. The group is looking for a Finance Director to support its organization in Nigeria.
The finance Director is responsible for the formulation of financial strategies and the coordination of plans, budgets and initiatives so that Group business objectives are met, and to lead the development of Corporate Governance policies and compliance.
He will also be responsible for efficient management of the accounting, reporting, treasury, insurance, taxation, information technology and systems and internal control functions for the Company.
The Financial Director will report to the Managing Director
The Financial Director is a member of the Board and of the executive Committee.
The position is based in Lagos – Nigeria
Board member role
- Active member of the Board of Directors responsible for formulation of strategy and policies that direct the affairs of the company
- Act as a nominee of Management and the Board of Directors on the Company’s Corporate Audit Committee and help with the process for the review of the financial position of the Company.
- Act as a nominee of Management and the Board of Directors responsible for allfinance and Information Technology related presentations.
Finance and Accounting:
- Provide and/or oversee the global administration of the company ‘s financial activities.
- Participate actively in the strategic planning process of the business and initiate and control the process for the preparation of budgets forecast.
- Responsible for budget and plans realization, update and follow ups
- Ensure the accuracy, completeness, integrity and reliability of all financial information and meeting the deadlines.
- Developing and implementing financial business system. Acts in the role of Mega Process Owner for Key financial system.
- Coordinate group planning process and issue of budget guidelines
- Track profit and cash flow performance
- Create Best Practice network
- Select, recruit, train and retain skilled and competent staff with focus on strong succession planning.
Corporate Governance policies and overall compliance, Audit:
- In charge of relationship with
- Local Financial Services market, insurance brokers, insurance companies.
- All financial corporate and official bodies.
- Working through Head of Internal Audit, develop best-practice Corporate Governance standards, etc
- Track compliance with Group and Corporate Governance policies,
- Drive effective Audit function, including External audit, internal audit.
- Develop Best Practices in Risk-Based Internal Auditing
Treasury, IT and Risk policies:
- Responsible for Bank accounts and Cash management, Tax & Capex procedures.
- Ensure appropriate financial risk, accounting and auditing policies and procedures of the Company.
- Handling overall Taxation matters, Statutory Audits, Internal Audit, Company Law & other
- Oversee the treasury function to ensure cash flow for the business is secured. Act to minimize the financial risk profile of the Company by ensuring that interest and foreign currency risks are well managed and in line with the Group standards.
- Develop Optimized Capital Structures (Debt/Equity Ratios) for the various businesses and develop plans to achieve
- Manage the debt of the company to minimize borrowing costs.
- Initiate Treasury policies, including compliance with tax regulations,
- Legal matters finalization of accounts & Audit.
- Participate actively in the preparation and review of all contracts, agreements and other legal documents to minimize the Company’s exposure to financial risk.
- Initiate IT policies, including Network Support and ERP systems,
- Develop “All Hazards” approach to Managing Operational Risks
Investment & business development:
- Evaluate investment prospects and their tax consequences,
- Financial feasibilities and due diligence of proposed JV arrangements,
- Tax and financial planning (and related corporate structure).
- Maintain contact and sustain network in the local financial services market i.e. bankers, investment & portfolio managers, insurance brokers, insurance companies, pension advisers etc.
Qualifications and experience
- Must hold recognized Accountancy Qualification from one of the major internationally recognized professional institutions
- Must have a minimum 15 years post qualification experience in senior financial management role, of which at least the last 10 years must be in a similar role.
- Technically very strong with credentials in:
- Investments and Treasury Management
- Financial/Operational Risk Assessment and Management
- Leader of Best Practices in Financial Management
- Leader of Best Practices in Strategic Thinking and Performance Management
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills when interfacing with other members of Senior Management; Government Officials and Financial/Lending Institutions
- Excellent command in English with first class oral and written communication skills
- Experience of working in West Africa and/or Nigeria is mandatory
What is on offer
If your experience, personal characteristics and qualifications meet the position specifications and your personal objectives are to seek such a challenge, then we would like to hear from you with details of your current earnings, up to date CV and explanation as to why your achievements to date fit you for consideration.
How To Apply
Click here for details and how to apply