Posted on :
10 Nov, 2009
10 Nov, 2009
UNICEF Nigeria is seeking the services of an Administrative Officer (NOB) who will contribute to the timely, efficient and appropriate delivery of administrative services as well as maintenance of premises, office equipment and transport fleet.
The successful candidate will be expected to carry out the following duties:
1. Ensures the safekeeping of equipment and supplies, conducts annual physical inventory, prepares reports, including cost analysis and recommends replacement or disposal of equipment and supplies.
2. Reconciles physical inventory data with office records to ensure inventory taken is complete, and identifies discrepancies and make recommendations for corrective action.
3. Prepares annual reports on subject to UNICEF headquarters in New York.
4. Responsible for and manages the office fleet ensuring effective and efficient transport services. Monitor and ensure appropriate schedule for use of vehicles and drivers. Reviews and analyses reports on mileage, use of petrol, drivers’ overtime and maintenance services and makes recommendations for improvement. Develops appropriate monitoring and reporting tools and ensure their effective use.
5. Ensures compliance with guidelines, budgetary plans and allocation in the procurement, maintenance and repair of equipment and supplies, official premises and vehicles. Proposes to the supervisor any changes that may be required. Contributes to the preparation of annual reports.
6. Undertakes administrative arrangements for new arrivals of staff and official visitors, events, meetings, workshops, seminars and visitors by coordinating transportation, hotel accommodations, conference room reservations and audio-visual equipment, as required.
7. Reviews travel requests as necessary for budgetary provisions, undertakes travel arrangements, (e.g., tickets, visas, hotels, per diem). Issues travel authorizations when required, confirming accuracy of information for signature of supervisor. Briefs staff on policies and procedures covering official travel as necessary.
8. Briefs and assists arriving and departing staff as and when required on basic administrative procedures and requirements, (e.g., shipment and insurance of personal effects, liability claims, as well as identification, arrangement and selection of staff housing).
9. Supervises the timely and organized delivery, collection, registry, reproduction and transmittal (UNET, fax, courier) of correspondence, documents, pouch services and administrative supplies.
10. Recommends and prepares estimates as necessary on office premises, supplies and equipment requirements for budget preparation purposes.
Minimum qualifications and competencies
* University degree or its equivalent in business administration or related fields. Advanced university degree in appropriate field, an asset.
* Minimum of two years of practical professional work experience in the field of general office administration, especially in the areas of transportation management, travel, customs and protocol arrangements.
Experience in an international organization is desirable.
* Fluency in English required. Knowledge of another UN working language an asset.
* Good judgment, initiative and analytical skills.
* Integrity, honesty and high sense of responsibility.
* Ability to negotiate, manage resources, train staff in administrative standard operating procedures
* Good communication, time management and interpersonal skills.
* Good management, supervisory and coordination skills.
* Good knowledge of computer application. Knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing and other presentation software required.
* Ability to work effectively and harmoniously in an international and multicultural environment.
* Passion and commitment to UNICEF’s mission and professional values.
UNICEF, which has a smoke-free environment, is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff. Well qualified candidates, particularly women, are strongly encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Prepare the following documents
Only candidates meeting the minimum qualifications and competencies (above) will be considered.
Send your documents in a sealed envelope marked ‘confidential’ and with the vacancy number to:
The Human Resources Manager
Plot 617/618, Diplomatic Drive
Central Business District
PMB 2851, Garki, Abuja
Meet the deadline
Applications must be received by UNICEF by midnight (Abuja time) on Tuesday, 17 November 2009. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.