Advans is a leading microfinance group established in 2005. Advans mission is to build a model group of financial institutions to respond to the need for financial services of small businesses and other populations who have ill-adapted, limited or no access to formal financial services. The Advans Group currently spans nine countries: Cambodia, Cameroon, Ghana, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Pakistan, Nigeria, Tunisia and Myanmar.
Advans created La Fayette MFB (Advans Nigeria) in 2012. The microfinance bank has eight branches, including five in Ibadan, and wants to expand its network to cover other States in the coming years. Its primary target is MSMEs that have limited access to credit and financial services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy CEO – Operations
Location: Lagos and Ibadan, Oyo
About the Job
- As part of its growth strategy, La Fayette MFB is looking for a Deputy CEO in charge of operations to join the bank for a period of at least two years.
- He/she will be based at Advans Nigeria’s head office in Ibadan and Lagos.
- The Deputy CEO will subsequently have the opportunity of being posted to another affiliate in the Advans network.
- The Deputy CEO works closely with the affiliate’s CEO.
- He/she is in charge of business development management and participates in making strategic choices to ensure the Institution’s sustainable and profitable growth.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ensure the expansion of the bank’s branch network in the targeted regions.
- Contribute to the professional development of key staff at the bank.
- Foster and enhance relationships with partners (lenders, donors, technical providers) and local authorities (central bank, tax authorities, etc.).
- Support the CEO in developing the Institution in accordance with the strategy and business plan defined with the board of directors, and report on the results.
- Organize the business development of the bank by ensuring solid, strong and profitable growth of the operations, in keeping with the bank’s mission and good risk management.
- Identify the drivers to improve Advans’ commercial performance by developing and rolling out new products/services and their respective distribution channels, increasing client satisfaction and loyalty, and implementing an organization that boosts productivity for all links in the commercial chain.
- Fluent in English, and preferably French proficiency.
- Excellent entrepreneur, leadership and organizational skills with a strong results-oriented approach.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Ability to find pragmatic solutions adapted to the local context.
- Eight to ten years of professional experience, including five years in an executive position.
- Experience in managing multi-disciplinary teams within an international group.
- Accomplished experience in a developing country, ideally in Africa Required Skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply