Africa Youth Growth Foundation (AYGF) is a non-governmental and non-profit organization registered to contribute positive change in the economic and social status of African youth through effective programs that deliver sustainable outcomes.We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Program Officer
Locations: Kogi & Niger
Under the supervision of the Program Manager (PM), the Program Officer performs functions related to planning, design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of activities under assigned portfolios on projects.
- Assist the PM in assuring effective planning, implementation and management of assigned projects in Nigeria.
- Assist the PM in strengthening systems for reporting on program progress against stated objectives and monitoring and evaluation frameworks, according to AYGF and the respective donor guidelines.
- Assist the PM in the development of program strategies, subproject documents, work plans and budgets.
- Assist the PM in the provision of programmatic assistance to local AYGF partners in implementing their sub agreements.
- Assist the PM in capacity building efforts aimed at local Implementing Agencies (IAs).
- Remain informed on current programs and research in the health and development field; improve skills by working closely with international prevention specialists.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate should have:
- B.S / B.A in Public Health, Business Administration, Health Sciences, Behavioral Sciences or its recognized equivalent with 5 – 7 years of relevant experience with international development programs.
- Or M.S / M.A Degree in Public Health, Business Administration, Health Sciences, Behavioral Sciences, reproductive health, nutrition, nursing, food sciences or its recognized equivalent with 3 – 7 years’ relevant experience with international development programs.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
Skills / Competencies:
- Knowledge of health and development programming in a developing country.
- Basic accounting and financial management skills.
- Working knowledge of major donor policies (Global Fund) as well as international not-for- profit organizations.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the political and ethical issues surrounding health related issues.
- Proven ability to coordinate a multi sectorial development project.
- Ability to organize systems to monitor administrative and implementation results.
- Report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume work flow.
- Perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy.
- Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in timely and efficient manner.
- Use a computer to accurately and rapidly enter and retrieve data and information.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 25%.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications with a Cover Letter not more than one page specifying motivation for the application, addressed to “The Human Resource Manager, Africa Youth Growth Foundation (AYGF)” via: email@example.com using the “Position & Location” as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 29th March, 2021.
- This position is open only to applicants residing in Kogi and Niger States of Nigeria and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AYGF is an equal opportunity employer; women and people with disability are encouraged to apply.