Africa Youth Growth Foundation (AYGF) is a non-governmental and non-profit organization registered to contribute positive change in the economic and social status of African youth through effective programs that deliver sustainable outcomes. We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Information & Communication Technology (ICT) Officer
Locations: Kogi & Niger
- Under the overall supervision of the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the implementation of Information Technology (IT) network and infrastructure projects, on relevant and effective technology to be used in accordance with AYGF’s ICT standards and policies.
- Lead the IT support for all programmes by organizing activities and operations of ICT staff; support recruitment of local ICT staff and oversee the implementation of ICT projects.
- Propose, plan, design, implement and maintain an integrated mechanism for data and information management, including various in house and third-party applications across all AYGF activities to ensure most effective and efficient processes to deliver timely, accurate and reliable information for operational, monitoring and reporting purposes.
- Manage and maintain network WAN and LAN infrastructure, desktops and associated equipment in the AYGF Offices by providing technical advice to the State office and the sub-offices to maintain compliance with AYGF standards.
- Monitor, propose and implement all necessary modifications in compliance with the information management systems and infrastructure as per AYGF IT policies, standards and best practice for high performance, reliability and information security.
- Coordinate with Logistic and ensure proper technical specification for purchase of IT related equipment and propose most suitable solutions including innovation, recommendations for improvement.
- Plan and supervise the installation, operation and administration of security for the various systems and network components including virus protection and Internet security. Make sure to use innovative approaches to ensure users are educated about phishing, Password Cracking, Malwares, and etc.
- Provide Backup and Disaster Recovery Plans for AYGF databases and Email data.
- Carry out analysis on the ITC equipment, design and develop a replacement policy for the ITC equipment for AYGF.
- Guide and lead the digitalization process of the AYGF filling system and propose cost-effective solutions for keeping the digital files.
- Lead and coordinate the server less process for AYGF Abuja and sub-offices.
- Develop and implement a ticketing system for AYGF for ITC issues and trouble shootings. Organize and administer user support services for all staff and ensure proper response time in troubleshooting and resolving of all IT related issues.
- Ensure AYGF ITC standards are implemented and in compliance with the standard ensured. Develop and implement basic ITC procedures for operating and maintenance of IT equipment and with work with the AYGF Asset tracker to properly assign the ITC equipment to users.
- Build relationships and liaise with local IT partners, suppliers and providers.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics, Electrical Engineering or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
- Progressively responsible experience in planning, design, development, implementation and maintenance of computer information systems, or related area;
- Experience configuring and working with Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) and SQL Server required;
- Extensive knowledge of Windows Active Directory and Messaging Systems;
- Cisco devices, VPN, VoIP, MS Office, Antivirus Software and utilities; holder of CCNA and/or a Microsoft Certification a distinct advantage;
- Knowledge of IT Service Management frameworks such as ITIL, COBIT;
- Knowledge of Software & Systems Development Life Cycle and experience in managing applications development and/or support teams.
- Effective resource management skills and strategic and creative thinking;
- Ability to prioritize tasks and strong organizational skills;
- Ability to develop clear and concise proposals;
- Ability to supervise and direct staff under critical and stressful situations;
- Effective problem-solving approach, ability to work in a cross-divisional team and ability to quickly understand AYGF processes.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications with a Cover Letter not more than one page specifying motivation for the application, addressed to “The Human Resource Manager, Africa Youth Growth Foundation (AYGF)” via: [email protected] using the “Position & Location” as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 29th March, 2021.
- This position is open only to applicants residing in Kogi and Niger States of Nigeria and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AYGF is an equal opportunity employer; women and people with disability are encouraged to apply.