Africa Youth Growth Foundation (AYGF) is a regional Non-Governmental Organization in Abuja for youth growth, development and empowerment, with a mission of building an African society through constructive engagement with stakeholders expand opportunities for self-development and realization among the youth.We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance & Administration (F&A) Officer
- The Finance & Administration (F&A) Officer will be responsible for overseeing all financial project management, as well as general office services.
- The F&A Officer will be responsible for maintaining financial integrity, preparing all financial reports efficiently in accordance with relevant financial reporting standards.
- Manage the accounting, finance, and administration components of programs, including petty cash funds and field office finance, accounting, and administrative activities;
- Establish program financial management systems, procedures and controls to ensure consistency with donor requirements;
- Coordinate monthly requests for funds to ensure the project has all necessary funds for operations, and coordinate and oversee program tendering and procurement activities;
- Advise project staff on financial health through the provision of regular and timely financial expenditure reports;
- Review and approve all vouchers prepared (disbursement, receipt, and general journal vouchers) for expenditures and ensure that expenses are reasonable, allowable, and allocable to the project;
- Maintain financial controls and procedures for the management of funds;
- Supervise project staff, consultants, and partners working in finance and administration for the project;
- Produce budget projections, analysis, and reports for review and action by the Project Manager and ED;
- Manage financial files and support annual audits.
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate should have;
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field strongly preferred
- At least 7years finance experience in donor funded projects.
Skills / Competencies:
- Strong management, communication, and negotiation skills, and the ability to collect data from multiple partners
- Knowledge of local financial and accounting systems preferred.
- Knowledge of donor regulations, policies, and procedures and familiarity with grants management.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications, with a Cover Letter not more than one page specifying motivation for the application and addressed to “The Human Resource Manager, Africa Youth Growth Foundation (AYGF)”, to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: 29th March, 2021.