The broad objectives of the program are to:
- provide students with an opportunity to acquire professional and practical experience at the African Development Bank
- provide the Bank with a pool of potential candidates for future recruitment purposes.
However applicants should not expect the internship to lead to immediate employment with the AfDB.
To be eligible for internship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
Applicants must be:
- students, aged between eighteen (18) to thirty (30) years, and currently enrolled in a master’s level degree programme or its equivalent in a recognized public or private institution of higher learning. The candidate can apply for an internship within one year of having obtained such a degree.
- provide a letter from their school confirming their enrollment.
- citizens of one of the Bank’s member countries
- applicants must be fluent in, at least, one of the Bank’s working languages (English or French).
Applicants are required to complete an AfDB internship application form and forward it, with the endorsement of their educational institutions, to [email protected].
Completed applications must reach the Bank:
- duly completed AfDB internship application form, counter-signed by the applicant’s educational institution or sponsoring agency
- current CV and cover letter
- copies of the latest certificates and transcripts or equivalent institutional records
- a recommendation letter from the academic institution they are currently attending
- a brief description of the program or the topic (thesis or dissertation) to be prepared during the internship (when applicable).
Please note that only complete applications will be processed.
Duration / Timing / Location of Internship
Internships will initially be for a period of three months, renewable for up to six months, if necessary.
- Session I: January through April (with possibility of extension)
- Session II: June through September (with possibility of extension)
- The first Session of the 2011 Internship program is now open and will be closed on 15 September 2010
Terms and Conditions
Interns will be provided with a monthly stipend of 550 UA (AfDB moving average exchange rate applicable in May 2010 is 1 UA=1.55733 $ = 1.10125 Euro = 2.08338 TND).
Interns will be responsible for their airfare to and from the location of their internship, their visa if needed and will be required to have international medical and accident insurance coverage for the duration of their internship.
The ADB is now receiving applications for Session I of the 2011 Internship Program.
All enquiries regarding the internship program should be addressed to:
Human Resources Management Department
African Development Bank
P.O.Box 323-1002 Tunis-Belvedere, Tunisia
FAX: (+216) 71 83 14 72 or E-mail: [email protected]