African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries).
The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Investigation & IT Assistant, PIAC2
Location: Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50071283
- The President, plans, supervises and manages the business of the Bank Group. Under the direction of the Boards of Directors, the President conducts the business of the Bank and the African Development Fund and manages operations and activities in accordance with the Agreements establishing the ADB and the ADF.
- The President supervises several Departments and Units including Office of the President (PRST0); Independent Development Evaluation Department (BDEV); Office of Integrity and Anti-Corruption (PIAC); Compliance Review and Mediation Unit (BCRM); Secretariat to the Sanctions Appeals Board (BSAB); Administrative Tribunal (BATR); Office of the Auditor General (PAGL); Group Risk Management Directorate (PGRM); General Counsel and Legal Services Department (PGCL); Communication and External Relations Department (PCER); Staff Integrity and Ethics Office (PETH) and Office of the Secretary General & General Secretariat(PSEG)
The Hiring Department / Division
- The Office of Integrity and Anti-Corruption (PIAC) plays an integral role in achieving the mandate of Bank Group by protecting the Bank’s corporate image and reputation, and improving the continent’s investment climate through the deterrence, prevention and reduction of fraud, corruption, staff misconduct and other harmful practices within the Bank Group.
- The Investigation Division (PIAC2) has the overriding mandate to undertake unhindered investigations into allegations of corruption, fraud and other malpractices in Bank Group Financed Operations and to conduct investigations into allegations of misconduct involving staff members of the Bank.
- The Investigation and IT Assistant reports to the Manager PIAC2, and work closely with the Senior Investigation and IT Forensic Officer.
- He/she assists in investigations into allegations of sanctionable practices and staff misconduct; and provides a wide range of IT assistance to PIAC Department including but not limited to installation, upgrade and deployment of equipment or applications, end user support, daily backup management, network infrastructure maintenance & documentation, end user training, internet research and IT evidence collection, data processing and troubleshooting any technical issues.
- He/She will further assist in developing and maintaining effective databases of PIAC activities and support the implementation of IT related activities
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the Division Manager PIAC2, the Investigation & IT Assistant shall carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
- As part of a team or under the direct supervision of the Division Manager PIAC2, provide assistance in investigations into allegations of staff misconduct, fraud and corruption in Bank-wide activities and operations both inside and outside the Bank
- Conduct initial screening of allegations received on the confidential telephone hotline, email or through regular post
- Collect documents and other evidentiary items (i.e. video, photographs, electronic stored information etc.) relevant to the matter being investigated
- Assist the Senior Investigation and IT Forensic Officer in electronic evidence seizure
- Assist in the analysis and processing of evidentiary items
- Provide IT systems support, infrastructure development and maintenance; back-up activities; Case Management System (CMS) and case intake channel administration as deemed appropriate by the Manager PIAC2
- Provide IT support and database systems administration:
- Systems monitoring to ensure confidentiality, integrity and availability of PIAC’s network infrastructure
- Research, troubleshoot and take remedial action to resolve incidents, issues or irregularities, reporting all such matters to the Manager PIAC2.
- Assist the Senior Investigation and IT Forensic Officer administer the department’s internal network, internet services and troubleshoot technical issues
- Provide IT support services in the implementation of departmental activities such as due diligence, data analytics and integrity reviews of projects
- Ensure that the department has IT databases to store information on programs and activities
- Perform daily systems back-ups and media management
- Work with the Senior Investigation and IT Forensic Officer and the Records Assistant on evidence handling processes, methodologies and storage.
- Research and troubleshoot system issues and recommend remedial actions
- Application and equipment deployment, and end user support in the use of PIAC IT systems
- Assist with end user training in standard software and use of technology
- Assist in training in the use of the Case Management System (CMS)
- Establish and maintain updated hardware and software inventory
- Undertake any other duties assigned by the Director of PIAC or Manager PIAC2
- Hold at least a Bachelor in Information Security, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
- Certificate in any computer forensic software is advantageous
- A minimum At least five (5) years of relevant post qualification experience, IT compliance and investigation
- Experience in an international organization would be an advantage
- Experience in investigation work
- Knowledge in essential aspects of computer security, databases, networks and digital forensic evidence handling
- Adequate IT knowledge that can improve efficiency and easy access to relevant documents and evidentiary items ensuring effective investigative processes that contribute to the attainment of favourable KPIs
- Ability to maintain/improve the integrity of PIAC’s information systems
- Strong time management
- Ability to multi-task with fine attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and manage challenges
- Ability to work effectively with a multi-disciplinary team
- Strong ability to provide quick response and support to requests
- Discretion, Integrity and Honesty
- Problem solving
- Team spirit
- Organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a strong working knowledge of the other language. Being fully bilingual (English and French) would be an added advantage.
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications; knowledge of SAP is an added advantage.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 6th February, 2020