African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative & Finance Officer, RDGW
Location: Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
Position N°: 50064590
- The Vice-Presidency for Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery is responsible for operational relevance, efficiency and effectiveness of the Bank Group’s operational programs, and activities.
- The Vice Presidency for Regional Development will ensure that the Bank operates successfully across its Regional Member Countries and oversee the full implementation of all aspects of the Bank’s Regional Directorates. Within regional development, integration and business delivery complex the Bank has five (5) regional hubs one in each region: South Africa, North Africa, West Africa, East Africa and Central Africa. Each Regional Hub is headed by a Director General.
The Hiring Departement:
- The various Country Office falls within one of the five (5) Regions of the Africa Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery Hubs. The Hub oversees a combination of country and liaison offices, as well as non-presence countries.
- The Director General is accountable of the specific African region. Each Hub will house relevant operations, business development and project implementation functions and administrative capabilities in a shared service for rapid deployment into the individual countries, to help drive the overall business of the Bank effectively on the ground.
- Country Offices of the African Development Bank have been established to strengthen policy dialogue between the Bank, Governments and other stakeholders; improve performance of the project portfolio and aid coordination with other development partners.
- Under the overall administrative authority of the Country Manager and in consultation with the Administrative and Finance Unit at Headquarters, the Administrative and Finance Officer, will among others: undertake to implement the administrative services including accounting and budgeting, human resources activities and supervision of use of office facilities and resources.
- He / she will carry out effective recording, control and management of Bank resources, the Office’s operational activities in keeping with the Bank’s policies and guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare the administrative and capital budgets in compliance with the schedule set by the Budget Department at Headquarters;
- Monitor expenditures in accordance with the Bank’s internal control rules and procedures and prepare periodic reports and where appropriate propose revisions;
- Implement financial management and reporting procedures and controls to improve service efficiencies, identify savings and promote the efficient use of resources;
- Review monthly financial reports and periodically prepare reports, statements and schedules to facilitate the audit of the Field Office by the Bank’s Auditors;
- Maintain personnel records including benefits in accordance with the Bank’s Human Resources policies and instructions;
- Supervise the procurement of goods and services and management of property and equipment in accordance with Bank rules and procedures;
- Prepare and monitor service providers’ contracts;
- Institute sound stock keeping for office supplies and maintain inventory records and a fixed asset register of Bank property and equipment;
- Control the processing of mission expenditure advances and balances;
- Prepare and follow up the processing by Government of requests for tax exemptions, long stay visas, diplomatic and international organization cards and registration of the Bank’s vehicles and staff members;
- Handle and follow up the processing of visa applications for official missions and all other Bank official documents;
- Submit reports on personnel management; manage office staff benefits in accordance with the Human Resources policy and instructions in force; assist the Country Manager with consultant recruitment and staffing issues.
- Oversee the staff members responsible for airport arrival and departure formalities for Executive Directors and Governors, and all other personalities invited by the Country Office.
- At least a Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Audit or Administration.
- Membership to an internationally recognized professional accounting body (CA, CPA, ACCA or Expert Comptable) and a degree in Human Resources Management would be an advantage.
- Minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience including three (3) years in an accounting firm or in business organisations;
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, multi-cultural environment, to function effectively as a member of various groups and to deliver under pressure;
- Proficiency in written and verbal communication in English or French, with a working knowledge of the other;
- Competence in the use of Bank standard software (SAP, Word, Excel, Access, MS Projects and PowerPoint).
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 26th February, 2021
Important Information and Notice:
- This position does not attract international terms and conditions. the post holder will be considered as a local staff and will therefore not have international terms and conditions of employment.
- Only applicants who are nationals of burkina faso or are nationals of member countries of the bank who already have a pre-existing legal right to live and work in burkina faso will be considered for this position. the bank does not sponsor or support applications for work permits and relocation in relation to this post
- Should you encounter technical difficulties in submitting your application, please send an email with a precise description of the issue and/or a screenshot showing the problem to HR Direct via: HRDirect@afdb.org
- To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
- Applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.