African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Principal Results Specialist (Results Measurement Framework and Ader)
Position N°: 50071215
- The Senior Vice-Presidency complex (SNVP) is responsible for supporting the President in the day-to-day management of the Bank Group to achieve it strategic objective, and drive performance culture that will align all processes and systems to deliver high impact results.
- The SNVP will provide effective leadership and exceptional coordination to ensure implementation and monitoring of key corporate decisions as well as the identification of necessary corrective measures and actions.
- The SNVP leads senior management discussions, decisions-making process and the implementation of key board and management decisions.
The Hiring Department
The Department for Delivery, Performance Management and Results is at the centre of Bank’s efforts to improve operational and corporate performance, accelerate the pace of delivery and increase impact on development. As part of its mandate, it also works to strengthen the Bank’s external and internal accountability for results and promotes a performance-driven culture across the organisation.
The Delivery Unit is responsible for driving delivery and performance improvements in critical priority areas of the Bank. It oversees, leads and coordinates operational performance management activities, provides early warning on areas of poor performance, to facilitate quick decision making and support organisational Units in delivering the Bank’s mandate.
- The Principal Results Specialist will lead for the preparation and management of the Bank Group’s Results Measurement Framework (RMF), as well as the preparation of Annual Development Effectiveness Review.
- The incumbent works under the supervision and report to the Manager, Corporate Performance and Accountability.
- The incumbent plays a key role implementing the Results Measurement Framework to improve managing for development results and corporate performance within the Bank.
- The incumbent provides technical support on issues related to results measurement in close cooperation with operations and regional teams including advice on the preparation of results measurement frameworks for projects, programmes and strategies.
- The incumbent is responsible for supporting and maintaining the results measurement framework and will:
- Elaborate and maintain the Bank’s RMF to assess and enhance the Bank’s development effectiveness;
- Prepare and produce the publication of the Annual Development Effectiveness Review (ADER) in collaboration with relevant Departments ;
- Support relevant departments to improve managing for development results and collect relevant data;
- Demonstrate achieved results through various accountability tools, including an online geo-mapping platform.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Manager – Corporate Performance and Accountability Division, the Principal Results Specialist will perform the following duties:
- Lead the development and maintenance of the Bank Group’s Results Measurement Framework;
- Lead the planning, organisation and supervision of the Annual Development Effectiveness Review, the Banks’ flagship publication;
- Coordinating and reviewing data collection for indicators at all four levels of the Bank’s RMF and ensuring overall coherence;
- Initiating and designing new methodologies that improve the quality of results reporting;
- Cascading down the RMF as part of reporting mechanisms across the levels of Bank’s functions;
- Conducting qualitative and quantitative analysis on the Bank’s performance against the indicators and targets included in the RMF;
- Contribute to the effective roll-out of Results Reporting System, in coordination with regional hubs;
- Conducting data analytics work for enhanced operational knowledge on lessons learned;
- Contributing to designing and maintaining MapAfrica, the Bank’s repository for results data, impact stories and data visualization;
- Establishing and maintain strong working relationships with other Bank departments and building professional networks with development organisations including multilateral development banks and other international organisations;
- Supervising the work of consultants as necessary.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Hold at least a Master’s degree preferably in Economics, Statistics, Development Studies or Political Sciences
- Have a minimum of six (06) years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in an international organization would be an added advantage.
- Excellent technical, analytical skills and established operational track record of achieving results;
- Strong IT skills and familiarity with database management tools.
- Having private sector experience is advantageous
- Ability to manage statistical assistants, and to recruit and manage consultants for ad-hoc tasks
- Innovation & Creativity
- Client Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Team working and relationships
- Operational Effectiveness
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in French or English with a working knowledge of the other.
- Competence in the use of standard MS office applications (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint).
Application Closing Date
20th April, 2018.