African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Clerk – COCD
Location: Democratic Republic of Congo
Position N°: 50067579
- The Bank has reorganized and is developing the Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery Complex whose major objective is to build regional capabilities and bring responsibility for client activities closer to the regions.
- Five Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery Hubs have been created, each run by a Director General: Southern Africa, North Africa, West Africa; East Africa, and Central Africa.
The Hiring Department
- The various Country Office falls within one of the five (5) Regions of the Africa Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery Hubs. The Hub oversees a combination of country and liaison offices, as well as non-presence countries. The Director General is accountable of the specific African region. Each Hub will house relevant operations, business development and project implementation functions and administrative capabilities in a shared service for rapid deployment into the individual countries, to help drive the overall business of the Bank effectively on the ground.
- Democratic republic Congo Country Office of the African Development Bank has been established to strengthen policy dialogue between the Bank, Governments and other stakeholders; improve performance of the project portfolio and aid coordination with other development partners.
- The Administrative Clerk will work closely with the administration and finance team to provide office and administrative support.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the Supervision of the Country Manager, the Administrative Clerk will perform the following duties:
- Creation of Purchase Requisition in SAP MM environment;
- Assist as required with creating of trips and processing of mission claims in SAP travel environment
- Receive and greet visitors including maintaining visitors’ book and responding to routine requests for from the public.
- Screen telephone calls by providing information and/or directing them to appropriate staff
- Receive and screen all correspondences and distribute them to Country Manager’s Secretary.
- Provide secretarial assistance to include but not limited to typing, formatting, photocopying, scanning printing, and filing (electronic and hard copy) documents to Country Operations Manager, Country Programme Officers (CPO), sector specialists and visiting Missions as well as provide backup to Secretary to the Country Manager.
- Manage all public spaces of the office ensuring general upkeep; inventory of equipment and supplies, and provision of hospitality services.
- Maintain copies of all selected articles from national papers and maintain a simple database of all these articles.
- Make travel arrangements for the Country Office staff and visiting Bank missions.
- Act as Secretary, taking and distributing minutes of staff meetings.
- Perform any other duties reasonably requested by the Country Manager, Country Operations Manager, CPO and sector specialists.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Business Administration, Commerce, Administration or a related field, supplemented by training in secretarial functions/administration/office management
- Have a minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience in progressive positions, attached to an executive’s office, preferably in an international organization;
- Be able to work under pressure and to prioritize in the dynamic setting of an international and multicultural setting. Ability to work and cooperate with others from diverse background
- Handling speedily and efficiently internal and external requests.
- Ability to manage simultaneous and shifting demands, priorities and tight deadlines
- Proficiency in the use of standard equipment (computer, fax, scanner, photocopies etc.)
- Demonstrable commitment to delivering excellent customer service focused reception and administration services
- Be able to multi task, excellent problem solving skills and attention to details
- Effective communication; highly client oriented, good team working and relations
- Ability to operate effectively in a multicultural organization.
- Good innovative and creative approaches to activities in order to enhance performance and create added benefits for the clients and the organization
- Integrity and confidentiality
- Proficiency in written and verbal communication in English or French, with a working knowledge of the other;
- Competence in the use of Bank standard software (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint). Knowledge of SAP or other ERP systems would be an asset
Job Title: Senior Financial Risk Officer – FIFM1
Location: Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50058425 / 50078362 / 50050976
- The Vice Presidency for Finance oversees the financial management of the Bank Group. This encompasses the Bank Group’s treasury activities including borrowings from the capital markets and investment activities; controllership functions including financial reporting and loan administration; strategic resource mobilization and the strengthening of the non-statutory financial resources and instruments; the overall asset/liability management for the Bank Group.
The Hiring Department/Division
- The role of the Financial Management Department is to develop and promulgate policies and guidelines relating to the financial management for the Bank Group. It also ensures internal consistency of all financial policies and guidelines, including those initiated and developed by the other departments in the Bank, as well as monitors and reports on compliance.
- The Asset and Liability Management Division is responsible for developing and directing the Asset and Liability Management functions of the Bank Group entities, including financial policies, financial modelling and projections and balance sheet management activities involving risks related to changes in interest rates, exchange rates and the liquidity position
- The Senior Financial Risk Officer prepares and periodically update financial projections for the ADB, ADF (African Development Fund) and the NTF (Nigeria Trust Fund); prepare risk intelligence and benchmarking analyses; prepare financial management data related to the Bank Group’s resource mobilization efforts;
- Ensure that Financial Risk Management limits are maintained within Board approved limits and the Asset and Liability Management Committee (ALCo) operating guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision and guidance of the Division Manager, Asset and Liability Management, the Senior Financial Risk Officer will perform the following:
- Contribute to the preparation of the Bank’s annual medium-term financial performance outlook (MTFO) paper.
- Contribute to the elaboration of the Programme Budget Document (PBD).
- Accountable for the development and production of the quarterly financial projections report contained in the “ALCo pack”, which is the prime set of documents used to make strategic decisions pertaining to the ongoing management of the Bank Group’s balance sheet and the continuing development of margin enhancing operations.
- Identify and explain variance in financial key indicators.
- Model the structure of specific/ new products in order to reflect how their profiles would impact the Bank Group’s financial position and overall risk profile.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the integrity of Risk Management Analytics System/Processes with consideration of data, assumptions, processes and reporting through automation, reconciliation, and documentation.
- Provide prompt response to analytic requests from senior management.
- Keep abreast of all ALM risks -related regulatory developments and industry best practice – particularly through the development of a strong network with peers at other major MDBs (Multilateral Development Bank).
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Hold at least a Master’s degree or its equivalent in a quantitative field (Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics and/or other relevant fields). CFA or FRM/PRM professional qualification is advantageous.
- Have a minimum of six (6) years with proven track record in the financial field or a related consulting role, with at least 3 years’ experience in forecasting P&L and balance sheet of a financial services / banking entity.
- Experience with an MDB with emphasis in quantitative risk, highly valuable
- Detailed financial knowledge and a solid understanding of accounting theory, financial risks and complex financial instruments
- Excellent analytical skills
- Specialist knowledge of statistical modelling techniques
- Problem Solving: Applies business knowledge to the resolution of problems and identifies solutions to the benefit of the client (internal and external) and the organization
- Operational effectiveness: ability to function effectively with deadlines and whilst under pressure
- Team Working and Relationships: Works with others to maximize the effectiveness of the team as a whole, sharing the knowledge and workload. Develops strong working relationships with colleagues and contributes to creation of a positive team environment.
- Good understanding of relational databases and development languages (e.g. SQL, VBA).
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other language.
- Competence in the use of standard software (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 1st September, 2018.