African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries).
The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Document Control Assistant
Location: Côte d’Ivoire
Position N°: 50001467
- The Vice-Presidency, Human Resources and Corporate Services (CHVP) Complex ensures the delivery of efficient, people-centered, client-oriented, corporate services to ensure overall institutional effectiveness in all aspects of the Bank’s corporate services.
- The Complex leads efforts to ensure the competitiveness of the Bank as the employer of choice and is responsible for providing leadership in the formulation and implementation of Bank’s strategies on people, IT, general services and institutional procurements, language services, business continuity, and health and safety strategies.
The Hiring Department
- The primary role of the Language Services Department is to ensure, as required by the Bank’s Agreement, the accessibility in the two working languages of the Bank (English and French, and on occasion Arabic and Portuguese) of all issues and documents submitted to the Senior Management and governing bodies of the Bank, for efficient decision-making aimed at the achievement of the Bank’s mission.
- Under the general supervision of the Director, Language Services Department, the Document Control Assistant shall ensure the technical quality control of documents submitted for translation, and released for circulation.
- The incumbent shall maintain close contact with clients within and outside the Bank, to enable the Institution to fulfill its mandate.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Document Control Assistant will:
- Receive and record requests daily
- Verify compliance with general instructions given by requesters and flag inconsistencies to requesters
- Ensure monitoring with the department and with other translators, regularly checking the delivery timeframes
- Monitor the BBPS and validate documents on behalf of the department, as requested by Management
- Closely monitor the BRAG and point out priorities to supervisors
- Manage CHLS Matrix and generate monthly KPI’s based on the Department’s output
- Maintain contacts with external translators and provide them with feedback, as necessary
- Check compliance of requests with Senior Management’s instructions on the use of translation services, the Service Level Agreements (especially for timeframes) and contact departments as necessary
- Negotiate timeframes in consultation with the Management Team
- Check tables, figures and images contained in the document to ensure that they are editable and contact requesting departments in writing to request for workable files
- Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Hold at least a Bachelor degree in Languages or in a related discipline.
- At least three (5) years of practical experience, three (3) of which should have been spent working in or with an international organization (preferably in multilateral development banks).
- Client focused and strong interpersonal skills,
- Ability to communicate efficiently (written and oral) in English and French.
- Excellent writing skills and a sound mastery of various language standards.
- Ability to use all the Microsoft standard software used in the Bank and Practical knowledge of Computer assisted translation (CAT) tools.
- Good knowledge of translation workflow software, in particular Multitrans Prism Flow used by the Bank’s Language Services Department
- Ability to learn about such software quickly and apply new technologies
- Good knowledge of Bank rules as applicable to Language Services
- Ability to control and verify documents in the Bank’s working languages (English and French)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 14th November, 2017.