The African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) is the leading pan-African reinsurance company and the largest re-insurer in Africa and the Middle East in terms of net reinsurance written premiums.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Accounts Officer
Location: Head Office, Lagos
Job Type: Full Time
Grade Level: Support Staff
- Responsible for the financial accounting activities of the Pools and preparation of the relevant financial statement of the Pools.
The duties of the Assistant Accounts Officer shall comprise amongst others:
- Updating & rendition of Pools members statement and shareholding
- Preparation of annual/half year accounts of the Pools
- Inter office reconciliation for all locations
- Attending to any other duties as may be assigned by the Corporation’s management from time to time.
- Timely processing of receipts for all premiums paid to the pools by our clients.
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliation statements for the Pools
- Cash flow management
- Processing & accounting for Dividend Payment to Pool Members
Minimum Qualifications And Professional Experience
Applicants must be holders of:
- First degree ( or equivalent)
- 3 Years of experience of which 2 years are relevant work experience
- Membership of relevant professional bodies would be an added advantage
- Additional professional qualifications in accounting and/or insurance would be an added advantage.
- Experience in the Reinsurance /Insurance industry would be an added advantage
Main Competencies Required For This Position:
- Basic knowledge of the accounting cycle, financial statement presentation using standards (IFRS, GAAP, SAM), disclosure requirements & ethics and professional & accounting ethics
- Basic knowledge of financial performance evaluation techniques, profit analysis & margins, cost accounting & management techniques and management control & decision making support.
- Intermediate knowledge of the insurance/reinsurance;
- Basic usage of word processing, spread sheets and presentation packages. Intermediate usage of accounting, auditing and financial applications (In Housed Developed Applications and other third party applications).
Applicants must also be:
- Fluent in English, working knowledge of French will be an added advantage;
- Nationals of Members state of Africa-Re,
- Less than 32 years old
- Cognate work experience in financial services is an added advantage.
Salary And Benefits
The successful candidate shall have the following benefits:
- Medical cover for staff and family;
- Housing Allowance;
- Transport Allowance;
- Inflation Adjustment that may increase or decrease depending on the economic situation in the duty post.
- Competitive Basic Salary on the Corporation’s Grade Level SS2
- Variable pay (Annual Performance Bonus)
- Joint contribution to the Provident Fund (7% of the basic salary paid by staff and 14% by the employer)
- Children education subsidy for each child (maximum 4 children)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 20th July, 2018.