A multi-billion rand turnover business specializing in the production of poultry, feed and a comprehensive related portfolio of products and services to its’ enviable customer base in South Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa (restaurants, retail, wholesale, corporate food services etc) requires an experienced Accountant to join their growing Nigeria business (+/- R200M T/O) to lead the financial function.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Accountant
Candidate will focuse on the following:
- The full accounting function up to trial balance
- Debtor’s functions (Account reconciliations, outstanding payment follow-ups, assist with queries)
- Creditor’s functions (Preparation and maintenance of payments & reconciliation
- Compiling weekly dashboard reports & participate in weekly results discussions
- Assist with forecasting of product costs & monthly profit projections & annual budget forecasting
- Salaries and wages
- Monthly Tax calculations and submission
- Submission of all statutory reports
- GL reconciliations
- Stock control and stock take procedures
- Maintaining asset registers
- Managing and responsible for Petty Cash and associated transactions
- Finalization of external audit in cooperation with external auditors
- Ideally you will come from a production/manufacturing background or similar, be technically strong and have a good understanding of product costings and the implementation of internal financial controls – however and most of all, you will be happy and excited with the prospect of working on a 5000 hectare farm in rural Nigeria.
- This is an ideal opportunity for a young, single and dynamic finance professional looking to gain some great Africa experience, or alternatively for a seasoned and well experienced specialist who is looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life.
- The successful candidate will be well remunerated – up to USD 6000 per month (tax-free), housing, medical aid and a car.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Apply