AIICO Insurance – Established in 1963, AIICO Insurance Plc (NSE Ticker: “AIICO”) is a financial services group with market-leading positions in its key business lines; Insurance, Health Maintenance and Asset Management. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Underwriting Officer
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-time
We are looking for a versatile individual who is self-motivated and is able take initiative and work well with others as a team. Among other things, he will be required to provide support to the team in interfacing with agents, brokers and work-in customers in our Port Harcourt office. The role would reports to the regional underwriting manager (RUM) for the South South/South East Region. Similarly, the role will provide support at various stages in the underwriting process and liaison with the agents and brokers and work-in clients to facilitate the consummation of transactions.
- Provide support in quotation preparation after reviewing a new proposal from client.
- Provide support in ensuring a good relationship is maintained with the sales force/agents.
- Ensure that all underwriting records and files of clients are updated every time.
- Ensure issuance of debit/credit notes to clients are issued as at when due.
- Ensure that any policy with loss ratio above 70% are escalated to higher authorities for decisions 2 months before renewal.
- Ensure compliance with the KYC requirements of the company in respect of both new and renewal businesses.
- Ensure that all fire, motor and engineering risks in line with the organization’s policy are sent to the risk management and survey team for inspection and follow done until survey is done, and risk improvement recommendations are communicated to the insured.
- Ensure debit notes are issued and receipt obtained in respect of all transactions within 48 hours.
- Acknowledge all mails and diaries for follow up.
- Deliver endorsements in respect of all policy alterations and renewals.
- Deliver policy document within 48 hours.
- Any other functions as deemed necessary by the team lead for the unit
- Minimum of 2:1 B.Sc. or HND in any field of study
- ACII/ACIIN-in-View will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 2 Years prior underwriting experience is compulsory
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 31st May, 2023.