Aina Blankson – Our Partner, Thomas Macaulay Capital (TMC or the “Firm”), is a trusted investment banking and financial advisory partner of choice with a reputation for providing top notch investment and financial advisory services to clients in private and public organizations within the emerging economies of Africa.
In pursuit of its growth strategy of being amongst the top 10 investment banking firms providing access to capital and financial solutions in Africa, they need to engage an experienced candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Investment Banking
Nature of Employment: Remote/Virtual (Full-time)
Department: Investment Advisory and Corporate Finance
Report to: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains a corporate, individual, and government client base.
- Researches, analyses, and interprets financial information and market trends.
- Develops financial models to analyze deals and offers to determine viability and profitability.
- Offers expert advice on investment tactics and methods.
- Secures and arranges mergers and acquisitions on behalf of clients.
- Buys and sells investments, stocks, and trusts on behalf of clients.
- Develops thorough knowledge of regulatory and legal issues in the financial industry.
- Assists clients with restructuring large debt obligations by negotiating agreements with financial institutions and government agencies.
- Identifies innovative business opportunities to help clients expand and grow,
- Guides clients through expansion of corporate or personal enterprise to maximize profits.
- Works with clients to determine amounts of capital needed to meet business goals, and identifies markets or products from which to raise capital.
- Prepares legal and financial documents to complete purchases, investments, and acquisitions.
- Consults with lawyers and other financial experts as necessary to ensure legality and the best possible outcome for new deals.
- Driving the budgeting, financial planning and investments processes throughout TMC’s network and collaborates with the Firm’s local and international partners on network transformation.
- Developing and analyzing key business metrics to help guide decisions.
- Participating in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.
- Managing relationships with partners/vendors.
Requirements and Skills:
- B.Sc / MBA / M.Sc
- Professional qualification -CFA/ICAN/CIBN
- At least 8-10 years proven experience in the role or relevant roles.
- Demonstrable competence in strategic planning and business development.
- Proven track record in data analysis and performance/operation metrics.
- Strong financial modelling, report writing and analytical skills
- Experience in fundraising projects.
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving.
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills
- Sound presentation and communication skills
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: 31st December, 2021.