Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Officer – Fraud Management
Location: Any City, Nigeria
- The successful role holder will be responsible for the management of Telecommunications Services and electronic interaction for any misuse as defined by NCC, Airtel policy and GSM regulations.
- She/he will also be responsible for the enhancement of fraud awareness in the organization in addition to implementing defined strategies that would help in the detection/reporting of fraud within the business.
Duties and Responsibilities
Zero fraud loss on all Prepaid fraud issues:
- To ensure processes and procedures are put in place to prevent fraud and/or abuse of systems and/or accesses in the revenue generating activities.
- To minimize revenue loss from fraudulent activities.
- To prevent external or internal fraud activities that result in either a gain or loss of company resources.
- Identify known/potential fraud losses and prevent them from occurring using proactive and reactive measures; thus providing assurance that all fraud losses are identified and mitigated on a timely basis.
- Detect and Prevent Subscriber and network Fraud using the FMS and other data sources.
- Participate in fact-finding as well as admission-seeking interviews.
- To carrying out detailed investigation, to detect and to report on findings of each case and providing relevant recommendation to aid management decision making.\
- Investigate prepaid alarms generated on ROC fraud management
- Prepare preliminary Fraud investigation and incidence reports on findings while ensuring issues, surrounding facts and circumstances are clearly communicated in a timely manner.
- Minimize Leakage from identified fraud incidents by close looping with resolver teams to close all outstanding issues.
- To ensure staff and/or internal/external customers are aware of the functions of the Fraud Unit and the impact of fraud on the business and the staff
Risk Assessment & Mitigation:
- Participate in cross-functional initiatives to proactively prevent fraud and implement changes that can enhance detection and/or deter future subscriber fraud behavior.
- Proactively identifying possible risk and ensuring closure to avert revenue loss due to frau
- To provide first line support to law enforcement agencies and their agents.
- Ensure Compliance with the disclosure of subscriber policy and NCC regulatory principles.
- Ensure all call records and request from LEA are extracted and forwarded on a timely basis.
Skills & Knowledge
- A University Degree in Accounting, Economics Computer Science or Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in the Telecoms industry
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
- Extremely detail oriented
- Good knowledge and experience in the use of Microsoft office tools
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good report writing skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply for this Position
Job Title: Zonal Technical Officer (North)
Locations: Maiduguri & Sokoto
- The successful candidate will coordinate, control, manage, support and track day to day network operations in the zone to ensure optimal network availability and coverage while maintaining target network KPI’s to deliver plus one network quality.
- He/She will also be responsible for providing local network support for both the sales and marketing team in the zones to ensure that network impacting issues are proactively resolved.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Day to day management of all Zonal Network Operations & Maintenance Strategic Partners(SPs) to deliver optimal availability and QoS
- Support the operational Interface for both internal and external stakeholders especially commercial teams to ensure customer issues are resolved within acceptable key performance indicators [KPIs]
- Track special events calendar with Zonal Business Managers and the Marketing function to ensure best in class service during special events within zone
- Track zone network performance (Various KPIs and Network Availability)
- Support periodic audit of all transmission, core and radio network and preventive maintenance schedule audit
- Ensure that special task/project required by HQ technical is carried out in the zone
- Closely work with E// MS Team to develop processes to prevent/reduce network failures
- Track and ensure that Colo Partners deliver on servive level agreements [SLAs]
- Ensure SAQ activity is up to date (rental renewal and lease payments with zonal finance)
- Follow up with various internal functions; MS Partners, Colocation [Colo] Partners on all issues affecting radio network availability, quality and experience
- Ensure security and community issues do not cause delayed closure of sites
- Advise and ensure implementation of preventive activities by MS Partners and Colo Partners in order to improve network performance
- Ensure the adherence to applicable regulatory requirements
- Audit and support zonal spares management to ensure availability of both critical and non critical spares at the zonal warehouses
- Prepare and manage the annual Zonal operating plans OPEX (AOPs) for all the active and passive network systems in Airtel Nigeria [Financial] –
- Direct annual zonal operating plan compilation for Airtel Nigeria Networks
- Direct achievement of annual zonal operating plan targets and all local and group operating expenditure saving initiatives to ensure optimization of all network investments
- Ensure key focus on recurring operating expenditure
- Drive the end to end process documentation, implementation and compliance to processes, procedures and policies to ensure seamless operations across all SP [Process Management] –
- Institute service level agreement measurement methodology to ensure all SPs are accurately measured, rewarded and penalized accordingly
- Probes network experience by doing a weekly trending analysis of the volume as well the types of complaints received
- Ensure proactive and continuous improvement of customer experience and perception within zone
- Daily analysis of worst cells and follows up with MS partners on corrective and preventive measures
- Ensure power availability of all IBS sites that are not transferred to Tower Company
- Drive continuous network improvement of own zone drawing up improvement plan and following up on related functions within network
- Identify, document and implement pertinent processes procedures and policies that will continually improve operational efficiency
- To ensure that all network facilities are maintained in adherence to global best practices
- Ensure that all activities of operations and maintenance in the zone adhere to corresponding regulatory requirements in daily operations
- Ensure all processes for effective management of partners
- Ensure that zonal SP requirements receive the necessary support from both the network local and central teams
Relevant Skill and Experience
- Bachelor of Electrical /Electronic Engineering or Telecoms Engineering(Masters Degree in Engineering a plus)
- Sound knowledge of Mobile Network O&M
- 5-10 years of varied experience in operation and maintenance in the Telecom industry
- 3-5 years managerial/Supervisory experience in a GSM/mobile company
Other Requirements (Behavioural etc.):
- Analytical and Presentation skills
- Strategic negotiation skills
- Entrepreneurial disposition in decision making and managing resources
- Logical decision making abilities
- Flexible and dedicated
- Ability to innovate and deliver value to business
- Ability to manage an outsourcing partner to effectively deliver on service level agreements
- Ability to motivate and lead both internal and external partners
- Impeccable integrity and character
- Communication Skills
- Cost, process and automation Innovation
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply For this Position
Application Deadline: 10th April, 2017.