Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development.
The company made history on August 5, 2001 by becoming the first telecoms operator to launch commercial GSM services in Nigeria and has scored a series of many “firsts” in the highly competitive Nigerian telecommunications market including the first to introduce toll-free 24-hour customer care; first to launch service in all the six geo-political zones in the country; first to introduce affordable recharge denominations; first to introduce monthly free SMS and first to introduce monthly airtime bonus.
A truly innovative company, Airtel has showed resilience, charting new paths in meeting the demands and needs of its esteemed stakeholders and enhancing distribution as well as providing affordable services to empower more Nigerians.
Airtel Nigeria is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Manager PS Architecture
- This function is expected to act as the representative for business, technical and functional requirements in the area of IP Packet backbone solutions to support both Mobile and Enterprise services.
- The function will define the optimal topology of the IP core network to meet a premium service level agreements and industry architecture for next generation IP networks.
- To evaluate network design and define integrated planning/implementation criteria and guidelines with partners for capacity management and dimensioning of the IP core network.
- Also would evaluate delivery of IP projects to designed SLAs whilst exploring the most efficient ways to deliver any new functional requirements placed upon the 2G/3G/LTE Mobile Network which includes but not limited to voice, data and other services.
- PS/MPBN/MPLS Core Planning and Architecture designed to ensure uninterrupted voice and data service delivery
- Analyze business requirements and processes before converting ideas into a solution design; where required research into new technology and development in Telecommunication industry with regards to IP packet backbone and Data services.
- Liaise with partner teams, Airtel HQ and other departments to assure seamless IP packet backbone and data network architecture, implementation and deployment of key networks systems through the full delivery life cycle from initial design to full operational handover.
- Ensure projects are aligned with the Annual Operating Program (AOP)
- Ensure that all IP MPLS devices including PS core nodes are functioning (Enhanced packet Core /Mobile Packet Core) as per the business and network requirements.
- Provide a pathway towards extending relevant IP architectures towards the Access network ( Metro Ethernet, MPLS-TP etc )
Detailed and Effective Documentation:
- Ensure that the project related documentation reflects a fit-for-purpose design and compiles with the contractual vendor requirements.
- On concept of solutions proffered and prior to implementation, documentation in the form of SD, HLD and LLD designs should be prepared to include technical functionality, platform design and platform integration with relevant network elements.
- Perform adequate dimensioning, of all IP nodes, interfaces MPC/EPC related Nodes – in accordance with network growth and projections.
- Continuously being the loop of the network traffic, licenses, trends and various parameters to ensure the Network elements are operating as expected. Where required, take corrective action with input from Operations and performance teams.
- Effective understanding of Operational and Business support systems (OSS/BSS) for performance reporting, Key performance indicator (KPI) monitoring and tuning for effective end to end planning of data services.
Expand & Evolve Core Network :
- Understand the business requirements and impact on the IP backbone and data network infrastructure.
- Responsible for planning all expansion of nodes well in advance.
- Plan evolution of IP backbone and PS core network to best industry practices.
- Provide consultation services to relevant business units including Liaison with Marketing and IT for better understanding of proposed services.
- Hold necessary Kick off meetings with stakeholders where/when required.
- Maintain high Team Harmony and Engagement at all times with both internal and external teams and stakeholders.
- Ensuring that the MS/MC partners deliver the projects to the high quality expected first time right.
- Explore new initiatives which meet business requirements by developing and delivering cost efficient delivery plans of proposed solutions.
- Technology assessments and POC trials (RFI/RFP/RFQ). Verification of solutions before roll-out.
- Prioritize self-workload as required to meet the fluctuating demands of business and requirements from other stakeholders.
Desired Skills and Experience
Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills:
- Bachelor/Masters of Telecommunication/Electronic Engineering degree/Computer Science
- Detailed working Telecommunications Knowledge
- Analytical and Presentation skills
- Detailed understanding of IP/MPLS and its role in the Telecommunications industry.
- A basic understanding of 3GPP /ITU-T and ETSI standards is required.
- Minimum of 6-8years working experience in large Mobile Network Operator with the MPC or EPC domains.
- Multivendor experience – HUAWEI, CISCO, JUNIPER, ERICSSON, ALCATEL LUCENT platforms and packet core architectures – Including Charging nodes in data networks.
- Good understanding of the commercial deployment of EPC/LTE, which could include design, test and/or deployment. Understanding of the evolution of 3G networks moving towards 4G.
- Detailed understanding of IP technology and its interrelation with supported domains; a working knowledge of the domains to facilitate E2E service flow.
- Experience on Ericsson PS core will be added advantage
- Experience of deployment of key network systems through the delivery life cycle from initial design to full operational handover
- Good project management knowledge
- Experience in measuring and analyzing network KPI ‘key performance indicators’
- Personal Integrity and good interpersonal relationship
- Personal tenacity to succeed
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Highly organized and good at implementation
- Time management skills with commitment to project timelines.
- Self-motivational skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good practical skills in troubleshooting and fault resolution for supporting operations teams as an escalation point
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online