Posted on :
29 Apr, 2011
29 Apr, 2011
Airtel Nigeria (formerly Zain Nigeria) is one of Nigeria’s largest Telecommunication Company
Airtel Nigeria is recruiting for Team Member :Company Secretariat & Compliance ( Legal)
Job Title: Team Member – Company Secretariat & Compliance ( Legal)
To provide and effectively support the Company Secretariat and Governance unit by ensuring that compliance with statutory obligations , most notably those prescribed under the Companies act are met and manage discrete tasks involving legal matters to support the department.
Expected End Results (“WHAT”)
(List the expected end results that must be achieved in order to fulfill the job purpose)
Supporting Activities (“HOW”) (What are the key activities undertaken to achieve the desired end results?
– Ensure corporate proper accurate Records are maintained
– Ensuring that up to date statutory and other records are maintained.
– Documents which are required to be filed by law must be filed on a timely and accurate basis in accordance with the relevant legislation
– Draft minutes and other Legal documentation, maintain accurate records and archives of Documentation within the Company.
Corporate secretarial matters.
– Deal with queries and requests from shareholders; monitor shareholder communications through and maintain proper records.
– Prepare and collate documentation for Board Pack/Board Meeting.
– Monitor developments in company secretarial practice and related areas of the law, and,
– Preparation of documents or forms for certification by the company Secretary and shareholders
– To assist in enhancing work-flows and systems of the secretarial department
– Any other duties as and when assigned from time to time.
– To assist in the implementation of the Company’s business ethics and compliance program
– To assist in ensuring that all areas of the business are aware of the code of ethics and regulations.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills
– Bachelor of Laws (LLB);
– Call to the Nigerian Bar (BL);
– Master of Laws (LLM) degree may be an added advantage
Relevant Experience (Type of experience and minimum number of years)
– 3-5 years experience in handling company law/commercial -related legal matters.
– Candidate must have up-to-date knowledge of
– Company law and Company Secretarial practice
– Governance and Compliance practice;
– Corporate and Commercial law;
– Telecommunications industry structure and business models
– office routines and company administrative procedures
Other requirements (Behavioural etc.)
– Ability to make informed business decisions
– Integrity and Confidentiality
– Good organizational skills
– Must be a team player
– Dynamic and Resourceful
– Positive attitude
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Click HERE or HERE to apply online