Alan & Grant – Our work is focused on creating innovative HR and Organizational Development Solutions aimed at Performance Improvement & Business Growth. We currently serve clients across various sectors of the Economy from locations in Jos, Port Harcourt and Lagos. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Account Manager
Zip/Postal Code: 100001
Industry: Financial Services
- The job holder will ensure the delivery of effective financial & accounting decision making support to the business and its management, and oversee the development and execution of an effective Accounting strategy that will ensure optimal returns on investments in and by the business.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analysing account information.
- Develop and manage key relationships with relevant external bodies / contacts e.g. regulatory organisations, external auditors, solicitors, banks etc. to facilitate effective business operations
- Ensure tax computations (Withholding tax, Value Added Tax, PAYE, & Company Income Tax, duties), returns and statutory fees in line with requirements of the Federal and State Internal Revenue Services and ensure prompt remittance
- Present tax plan options and provide advice for implementation
- Liaise with tax consultants on tax related issues and direct the execution of tax audits
- Review reconciliation of various tax accounts and ensure the filling of all income tax and duties
- Oversee the preparation of Financial models for new products or new business lines and alliances; pricing of new and existing products in order to remain competitive and advice Management accordingly
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information & recommends financial actions by analysing accounting options.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents & Establish work schedules
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures
- Guides accounting Staff by coordinating activities and answering questions
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analysing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups & maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements & Assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activity
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential
- Monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures & Implement and manage operational plans
- First Degree in Accounting and any related field
- MBA or Master’s degree in Accounting and Finance or related discipline
- Relevant professional certifications such as ACA, ICAN, ACCA is required
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience, 3 of which must have been in a Management position of a similar organization
- Strong analytical & critical thinking skills
- Proficient use of MS Office and other accounting software tools
- Good decision making & management accounting skills