Alan & Grant – Our work is focused on creating innovative HR and Organizational Development Solutions aimed at Performance Improvement & Business Growth. We currently serve clients across various sectors of the Economy from locations in Jos, Port Harcourt and Lagos. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Settlement Officer
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Job type: Full time
Industry: IT Services
- The ideal candidate will facilitate treasury settlements, cash flow management and electronic funds transfer (EFT) functions in a prompt and efficient manner which are critical to the operational running of the company.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Timely processing of payment and settlements, providing best client services possible to ensure satisfactory delivery for the company’s clients
- Maintain a complete and current database of settlement details with approved counterparties.
- Support the line manager in ensuring that all colleagues in the team are fully cross trained and that all processes are adequate and well documented
- Be the key point of client contact and accountable to help address clients” requests
- Assist with projects related to the continuous improvement of the Function.
- Work in close conjunction with the operational team and other internal functions to achieve the best possible outcome for the customer
- Monitor and facilitate successful trade settlements through all systems and tools available
- Support the maintenance of the Function’s Policies and Procedures.
- Contribute to operational risk management in the day-to-day job activities.
- Where required, assist with all inbound and outbound payment transactions so that they are duly input and verified in accordance with customers’ authorized signature, account balance and compliance
- Release payments onto the system within allocated limit
- Repair all message failures advised by IT
- Performs all the relevant checks according the Financial Crime Prevention Policy
- Process the settlement of Treasury and Market transactions and record for cash position purposes. Agree balances with Treasury under the terms outlined in the Service Level Agreement
- Minimum of B.Sc in Banking and Finance or other related courses.
- Minimum of 2-4 years working experience in a Fintech organization or related field
- Demonstrate awareness of standard business practices and an ability to quickly understand the business and Payments Processing
- Fundamental experience in the Front to Back Office process flow for all Treasury Operations settlement including Securities
- Experience of assisting in implementation of changes to systems, processes and procedures will be an advantage
- Excellent understanding of the Securities sphere: Bonds, T Bills in terms of processing and settlement.
- Have a strong focus on continual learning and application of Regulatory requirements
- Exceptional skills in financial policies and settlement.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: Not Specified.