Alfred & Victoria Associates is one of Nigeria’s leading ICT solution based company. Our company offers a wide range of services which are in high demand of today’s emerging market. AVA has three major arms which have been streamlined to meet our customer’s needs. The three major arms are: Consulting, Recruitment and Training.
Alfred & Victoria Associates has become one of the most sought after Human Capital Development Organization in recent times. She is fast becoming the distinguished strategic partner required in all sectors of the economy, and also in the fast growing world of outsourcing which is now in huge demand in all profession. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Transport / Logistics Supervisor
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- A Logistics Supervisor essentially oversees the shipping and delivery of materials and warehouse personnel. They mainly work in warehouse settings and for retailers and wholesalers and are involved in managing the loading of trucks, setting up delivery routes and unloading of material. Logistic Supervisors also manage inventory and maintain communications with carriers, suppliers, warehouses, custom brokers and others involved in the shipping and delivery of merchandise.
- Following up with maintenance unit to ensure all trucks meet up with periodic service routine
- Keeping maintenance and spare parts records for the trucks
- Directing all transportation activities.
- Monitoring and keeping transport costs records
- Negotiating and bargaining transportation prices.
- Planning routes and load scheduling for all deliveries.
- Booking in deliveries and liaising with customers.
- Allocating and recording resources and movements on the transport planning system.
- Ensuring all drivers are working effectively and efficiently to ensure smooth operations.
- Communicating effectively with both drivers and clients and responding to their requirements.
- Liaising with sub-contractors and ensuring they deliver within agreed terms
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Supply Chain, or relevant field.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role.
Key Skills & Competencies:
- Proven working experience as a Logistics Ma.
- Record of successful distribution and logistics management.
- Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organisational skills.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects.
- Strong team player
- Ability to manage, coach, and provide training for direct reports.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their tailored CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
20th March, 2023 (3pm)