Alibert Product Nigeria Limited – Created in 1974 as a small factory and family-owned business. First retail showroom opened in 1986 in Ikoyi. 1990 Opening of second retail shop in Apapa. 2003 Opening of first retail shop outside Lagos (Abuja). In 2010, Alibert became the first furniture company in Nigeria to export its furniture + opening of new showroom outside of Nigeria (Ghana). Today: we have a network of 5 showrooms and 3 franchise showrooms. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
Location: Idu, Abuja
- The Accountant is to access the financial operations, ensure that all financial records are accurate and taxes are paid properly and on time. Also ensure that all regulations are strictly observed.
- Examine financial statements to ensure that they are accurate and comply with laws and regulations
- Compute taxes owed, prepare tax returns, and ensure that taxes are paid properly and on time
- Inspect account books and accounting systems for efficiency and use of accepted accounting procedures
- Organize and maintain financial records
- Assess financial operations and make best-practices recommendations to management
- Suggest ways to reduce costs, enhance revenues, and improve profits
- Identifying if and where processes are not working as they should and advising on changes to be made
- Preparing reports, commentaries and financial statements
- Liaising with managerial staff and presenting findings and recommendations
- Ensuring procedures, policies, legislation and regulations are correctly followed and complied with
- Identifying key areas and issues for further investigation and analysis
- Planning financial audits of the company’s businesses from start to finish
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting or its equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a financial accountant, auditor, financial analyst or business accountant
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- In-depth knowledge of accounting software such as Sage Pastel, quickbook, SAP, or similar systems
- Advanced MS Excel Skills
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 18th September 2021.