Alpha Mead Group is a Total Real Estate Solutions Company established to provide robust business support services to local and international Real Estate investors or owners with interests in Facilities Management, Real Estate Development and Advisory, Security Systems and Technologies, Training, Healthcare Management and Real Estate Financing Services. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Manager
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Advising management on real estate project procedures and project development, researching guideline and policy of government on project development.
- Monitor legal risk in real estate documentation and advise clients accordingly.
- Draft and negotiate real estate transactions.
- Draft routine leases and amendments.
- Ensure that appropriate approvals are in place before real estate transactions are executed.
- Support legal and general advisory needs associated with a large-scale real estate portfolio.
- Ensure legal due diligence during land / property acquisition in particular; Title investigation & Local legislation.
- Highlight legal issues involved in structuring of land / property acquisition and relevant development regulations
- Draft and ensure standardization (to the extent possible) of legal documents such as Title transfer deeds, Agreement of sale, Offer letters, Conveyance documents, Lease Deeds, License Agreements etc.
- Oversee contract lifecycle management – preparation, drafting, vetting and negotiation of agreement
- Monitoring and filing of completed contracts and other corporate documents
- Liaising with external counsel and follow-up on pending litigation
- Represent company at legal negotiations and at courts
- Contribute to the development and improvement of the Legal Services Unit and Company Secretariat
- Carrying out of duties, as assigned by Head, Legal Services
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law
- Minimum of 4 years of experience as in-house counsel or legal practitioner in a law firm.
- Real Estate experience is a critical requirement particularly in interfacing with lands and other regulatory bodies for Development Company projects
- Strong experience in real estate law and industry knowledge that includes litigation, lease transactions, property management, and purchase and sale transactions.
- Good understanding of foreclosure.
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and research skills.
- Natural leader who displays sound judgment and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs.
- Solid experience in title insurance underwriting, curative, and claims.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: Not Specified.