Ama-Zuma Group is on the mandate to restructure the oil and gas arm of the business and to take full advantage of all available opportunities in the downstream sector. The company was founded on the basis of integrity and commitment to excellence. The group currently operates three subsidiaries: Ama-Zuma Services Limited, Ama-Zuma Oil & Gas and Ama-Zuma Bureau De Change.
Ama-Zuma Services Limited is the first of the three companies and was incorporated in Nigeria as a private limited company on the 13th of April 2005, with RC No. 0019499. In its modest period of existence, the company has excelled in the field of Electro-Mechanical Installations, Maintenance of Base Station, Telecommunication Engineering, Sales & Comprehensive Maintenance of Generators of various capacities. Following the success recorded by Ama-Zuma Service Limited, the Board decided to expand it scope of business and a considerable investment was made in the Energy and the Financial sectors of the Nation’s economy, which usher in the establishment of the other two sister companies, Ama-Zuma Oil & Gas Nigeria Limited and Ama-Zuma Bureau De Change. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Transport Manager
Location: Abule-Egba, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Supervises and Coordinates truck drivers in the transportation of company fleet as well as ensuring that customer products gets to there various destinations, maintain documentation of all trucks in the company.
- Ensure the availability and use of the right tools and equipment in the maintenance workshop.
- Establish Safe Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all maintenance/repair work of the company
- . Prioritize and assign scheduled work to subordinates to meet company’s deadlines and customers’ needs.
- Coordinate, schedule and audit transport fleet and equipment maintenance and repairs toinclude preventive, mechanical and electrical repair to tractors, trucks and trailers.
- Ensure quality of work (maintenance and repair) on fleet and equipment
- Ensure proper updating of fleet maintenance job cards.
- Tracking of all Trucks on the Road
- Ensure all Faulty trucks are fixed within the shortest possible time to avoid operational breakdown
- Reduce fleet downtime by providing speedy rescue to distressed truck on the high Road
- Negotiate service (maintenance/repair) offers to ensure cost efficiencies.
- Coach fleet drivers on identification of faults and ways of reporting feedback.
- Monitor and analyze fleet maintenance/repair costs, fuel consumption, rectify defects as required, and provide recommendations on fleet utilization and replacement.
- Track fleet usage and maintain accurate inventory of replaced parts and equipment.
- Ensure safe work environment and good housekeeping to avoid infractions on statutory regulation.
- Communicate maintenance requirements of transport fleet and implement approved correction actions as required.
- Complete periodic performance reviews of maintenance staff and jointly determine areas of development and training requirement.
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of maintenance personnel.
- Assist in the development of maintenance budget by providing input relative to policy, costs and other metrics.
- Prepare and submit regular (daily, weekly, and monthly) maintenance/repair reports, and parts usage for Management appraisal.
Qualifications and Job Specific Competencies:
- B.Sc / HND qualification.
- 6 – 10 years relevant experience Transport and Logistics Operations Experience.
- Must be Able to use Tracking device to track trucks on the highway.
- Effective people management skills and a good team player.
- Ability to multi task and work under pressure.
- Strong Organization Skills with attention to details.
- Ability to work independently and execute task effectively.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Skills Word, Excel, PowerPoint and outlook).
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Transport Manager” as the subject of the mail.
30th March, 2023.