Posted on :
16 Jul, 2012
16 Jul, 2012
The (Senior) Contracts Engineer/Advisor is accountable for the planning and execution of all contracting and procurement activities for the Given Project looking after a cluster of some of the contracts which is part of the entire Project Portofolio (or a portfolio of smaller projects) in accordance with Project requirements, making the best use of the actual and potential markets, and the application of standard processes, systems and controls.
Develop and implement a robust CP strategy to place demand in the market place in the optimal manner to secure third party services and materials in compliance with schedule, quality requirements and on best commercial terms taking full cognizance of risks and opportunities for the cluster of contracts responsible for.
– Leverage category management opportunities through ECS/EFA
– Maintain the CP Plan for the cluster of Project contracts responsible for.
– Execute detailed prequalification, tendering and negotiating tactics in support of the CP strategies
– Ensure full complaince to the Nigerian Content Act (or Directives where applicable)
– Drive HSE and Goal Zero during the execution phase and transtition to operations.
– Develop and implement opportunities to increase the use of effective local business capacity.
– Develop and implement comprehensive post award contract management plans for all major contracts awarded, ensure
all variation requests are dealt with in a timely manner, and structure and manage contracts and agreements in a
proactive manner with the objective of minimising major claims and disputes.
An understanding of CP in a major project context. Detailed knowledge of project drivers in the execute phase. Creative thinker a motivated self-starter with a track record of delivery. Applied knowledge of effective local content development.
Business or Engineering degree, 5-7 years experience in oil and Gas or equivalent. Skilled in CP professional competencies. Understanding of strategic, technical, legal, finance, taxation and commercial issues, able to cope with complexity and uncertainty..
SEND CV TO