The American University of Nigeria (AUN) was established in 2003. The institution was conceived as Africa’s first Development University. Its mission is to pioneer service learning and build leaders who will be prepared to tackle societal concerns. Located in Yola, Adamawa State, the University is a world-class career-oriented institution missioned to be an agent of change in the development of the region. AUN has a strong commitment to providing the skills and the leadership essential to solving the continent’s critical social and economic problems.
The American University of Nigeria, Yola, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates in the position below, this position is opened to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria:
Job Title: Lock Smith
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Department: Facilities Management
Summary of Position
- Installation, repair and maintenance of locks in the university building both at campus and residences.
- Cuts keys and replace locks
- Installs and maintain door handles, locks, and other fixtures
- Attends to emergency situations as requested
- Opening locks for students and employees who have lost or misplaced their keys
- Minimum of secondary school education, relevant trade test and at least 3 years acceptable Experience and Training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities for this position
- Ability to prepare concise and accurate records and reports;
- Have knowledge of safety practices and principles related to maintenance activities
- Must possess strength, stamina and willingness to perform work in all weather conditions.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must also be available to work flexible hours.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Ability to establish effective professional relationships with co-workers, and upper level staff and employees;
Other Requirements, Abilities for the Position:
- Ability to work in a team
- Demonstrate sound work ethic
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Hard working
- Ability to use various hand and power tools
- Ability to obey standard operating procedures
Description of Benefits
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resumes, Cover Letters and references to: [email protected] The position being applied for should be the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 3rd April, 2018.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status.