The American University of Nigeria (AUN) is Africa’s foremost development university with a mission to foster the creation of leaders committed to sustaining a democracy in which diverse people share in the rights and responsibilities of citizenship, proficient in creating and applying technology to wise purpose, and dedicated to securing a humane and prosperous world. The university offers a unique resource for Nigeria, West Africa, and the entire continent in addressing crucial economic and social development needs.
The American University of Nigeria, Yola, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Security Advisor
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Department: Atiku Centre
Summary of Position
- The Security Advisor, Atiku Center is charged with the ensuring the security of employees, capital assets, and proprietary information of the Atiku Center by providing strategic direction, tactical management, emergency planning, and disaster recovery strategies in accordance with the policies and procedures of the American University of Nigeria.
- The duties shall include but not limited to the maintenance of protection systems by developing and refining philosophy and design standards relating to protection systems (burglar, fire, and duress alarms and video coverage); re-defining procedures (international and domestic travel, kidnap, ransom, event security); examining organization security emergency response systems; reviewing building design (construction, modifications, walls, fences, and landscape); making recommendations for physical plant security improvements.
- This position is local position and opens to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
- Bachelor’s degree in Security Studies, Criminology or related discipline from a reputable University
- Should possess strong organizational and people skills
- Should possess Strong written and oral communications skills
- Should be proficient in the use of Information and Communications Technology tools and e-resources.
- A minimum of six (6) years post NYSC experience working in same or similar position.
- Experience of working in an Academic environment is highly beneficial
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resumes, cover letters and references to: [email protected] The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
Application Deadline: 10th March, 2018.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.