The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: University Librarian
- In accordance with the American University of Nigeria Bye-Laws (2020), the University Librarian is a Principal Officer, responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the administration of the University Library and coordination of ALL Library Services in the University
- The University Librarian is a member of the University Management Committee
- As an Academic Staff, the University Librarian will be required to provide both academic and administrative leadership to staff members in the University Library.
Qualifications and Experience
Applicants for the post of University Librarian, American University of Nigeria should possess:
- Ph.D. in Library Science or related field with fifteen (15) years University experience;
- Possession of several scholarly publications, administrative experience and ability to provide academic leadership;
- Candidate must have served for NOT less than five(S) years at the level of Deputy University Librarian in a University or comparable institution
- Knowledge of ICT is mandatory;
- Membership of the relevant professional association is mandatory.
- Candidates for the positions of University Librarian must not be above the age of sixty-one (61) years by June 2020.
- In consonance with the American University of Nigeria Bye-Laws (2020), the appointment of Registrar is for a term of five (5) years respectively.
- Remuneration of the University Librarian, American University of Nigeria is competitive, in line with the American University of Nigeria benefits and allowances, as may be approved by the Governing Council of the American University of Nigeria.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit formal Application electronically, with their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), providing information on the following below, to: [email protected] using “Post of University Librarian, AUN” as the subject of the mail.
- Full Name
- Place AND Date of Birth
- Nationality (if Nigerian, indicate the State of Origin)
- Marital Status: Number and Ages of Children
- Academic Qualifications (including Class of Degree; copies of certificates to be enclosed)
- Professional Qualifications (copies of Certificates to be enclosed)
- Post-Graduation / Professional qualification employment
- Current Employment
- Name and Addresses of Three (3) Referees, who should be able to attest to the candidate’s standing and abilities, professionally, managerially, as well as morals, character, and integrity
- Contact Address (including telephone numbers and e-mail address).
Application Deadline: 9th July, 2020.
Note: Shortlisted candidates will be required to make themselves available for an interview with the appropriate committee of Council at a date that will be duly and formally conveyed to such candidates in writing.