Anadach Consulting Limited – Our client is a new and upcoming leading provider of world-class healthcare services in Lagos, with the aim of providing prompt, efficient and high-quality healthcare services to all their patients. Our client believes in equipping patients with medical information to empower them to make informed decisions regarding their health management/healthy lifestyle.
As a result of expansion and strategic initiatives aimed at delivering increased value to patient experience, career opportunity exist for high performing professionals that can contribute to a rapidly growing organization in the capacity below:
Job Title: Lead Nurse
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: The Chief Medical Director
- The Lead Nurse is responsible for ensuring all that nursing goals and duties are perfectly executed, liaise/communicate with other heads of departments and senior management in order to assess how the nursing team can constructively impact the medical services team in alignment with the Hospital’s strategic objectives.
- The Lead Nurse will also ensure uniformity and promptness in the delivery of professional and efficient nursing services to all patients. She would foster collaborative working relationship within the nursing team and serve as a link between nursing staff and hospital’s management team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend meetings with senior management, clients, and heads of other departments.
- Co-ordinate meetings with the nursing team, implement or escalate outcomes.
- Develop action plans required to actualize strategic goals in the nursing unit.
- Ensure judicious use of allocated resources and proper handling/maintenance of medical equipment in the nursing unit.
- Ensure proper management of the medical wards
- Ensure sterile and healthy patient environment
- Provide and ensure skilled care for patients
- Provide coaching and mentoring to nursing staff.
- Facilitate collaborative care for patients.
- Collate and evaluate patient risks, outcomes, and care plans.
- Providing lateral integration of healthcare services.
- Establish and oversee a healthy work environment.
- Resolve escalated issues, provide answers to queries/questions from patients, patients’ family, applicants, clients and colleagues.
- Prepare patients for physical examinations, resuscitations, admissions, procedures, surgeries, treatment, discharges and follow up.
- Ensure and oversees the safety of in-patients within the facility
- Orchestrate various procedures such as wound dressing, incision and draining, injection administration, vaccinations, ear piercing, ear syringing, pap smear collection, urine sample collection, high vaginal swap and suture removal among others.
- Participate with physicians in medical ward rounds
- Participate in hospital clinical meetings
- Distribute as required, issued medical brochures of the hospital facility, and relevant medical information to ensure patients are well informed about health topics.
- Co-operatively work with colleagues to maintain a professional learning culture.
- Prepare the wards, procedure room, theatre, ICU and examination rooms
- Flexibly work in all units within the hospital such as section, emergency, ICU, procedure room, theatre, wards, clinics and other roles as required.
- Raise requisition for required consumables
- Other tasks as may be assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing with additional qualification or any other relevant training.
- At least 10 years post-qualification as a Registered Nurse (RN) Certificate from an accredited university or nursing school.
- Additional Nursing or Medical Certification(s) and /or non-medical certifications e.g. Masters’ in Business Administration, Certificate in Strategic Leadership/Management
- 10+ years of working as a nurse in a medical facility, with a minimum of five years in supervisory role.
- Additional medical field experience or a non-medical experience is an advantage.
Essential competencies and attributes:
- Demonstrates excellent leadership abilities
- Ability to motivate, mentor and coach subordinates.
- Ability to identify SWOT of nursing staff and match tasks with competencies.
- Ability to build and manage relationships with others, especially clients
- Must exhibit professionalism at all times
- Must be an energetic, resilient person and a multitasker
- Must be a proactive decision maker, constantly seeking for better alternatives
- Must be honest and a good judge of character
- Be a good listener and ensure integrity and confidentiality
- Must be a critical thinker with ability to exercise discretion.
- Demonstrates a positive disposition to learning and willing to take on tasks.
- Must be observant and detail oriented
- Must possess good stress management and time management skills.
- Must be a good communicator with excellent written and verbal skills.
- Must be friendly, empathetic, and polite.
- Ability to work independently but a good team player.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] Please indicate your name and position as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline: Not Specified.
- Only candidates that meet the requirements will be contacted.
- Candidates will be assessed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.