Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, Rwanda and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage. We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Principal Engineer – Frontend (Technology)
What You’ll Do:
- In this role, you will work as a Principle Frontend Engineer within the Technology organization, building world-class internal and customer facing products to support Andela’s business needs.
- Our Andelan Principal Engineers are renowned for their technical prowess. They are admired and respected for the depth of their technical expertise and leadership.
- Use your expert knowledge to deliver complex software solutions that will delight our partners around the world.
- Make meaningful and impactful technical decisions with a keen understanding of the operational ramifications.
- Share responsibility for strategically scaling Andela’s systems.
- Bring vision to the team in the form of new technology recommendations, ideas, and approaches.
- Provide technical leadership to fast-paced teams, while delivering value, unparalleled enthusiasm, and a relentless commitment to excellence.
- Build great software while continuously learning and expanding your skill set.
What You’ll Bring:
All Andela engineers go above and beyond. To find out more about additional suggested competencies, check out our engineer framework.
- A minimum of 6 years professional experience, during which you’ve built deep technical expertise and demonstrated technical leadership.
- Expertise in building modern Angular based Single Page Applications
- Extensive experience working with fundamental front-end languages/technologies, HTML, CSS, Sass (SCSS) framework
- Expertise in design and management of large scale, secure, cloud based software deployment environments
- Strong ability to problem-solve, debug, and understand pertinent performance metrics
- Extensive experience with architecture and design principles, building to consider maintainability, performance, security requirements, and impact
- Deep knowledge of unit/integration testing, and testing frameworks/libraries
- Comfort working within agile methodologies and experienced in estimation and time management
- Excellent soft skills that enable you to lead and empower your team, and deliver the highest value
- Mentorship experience that helps others in approaching and solving for ambiguous efforts
- Strong understanding of business practices, engineering process, and industry trends
Expertise with the following specific tools:
- Google Cloud Platform
- Frontend UI component library, Angular Material
- Linting tools, ESLint
- Testing frameworks, Jasmine, Karma
- Containerization tools, Docker, Kubernetes
- Cloud based CI/CD tools, CircleCI, CodeClimate
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline: Not Specified.